Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gillispie to run Louisville out of the state?

Featured Replies

:thumb: And not all of the Louisville Metro area at that. Imo U.L. could win from here on out (which they will not) and still be considered "lil' brother".

I could care less if they were called terrible for the rest of time...if they keep on winning, the national exposure will far exceed what some UK faithful across this state could spin.

  • Replies 182
  • Views 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I could care less if they were called terrible for the rest of time...if they keep on winning, the national exposure will far exceed what some UK faithful across this state could spin.

Nice try, :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: . A lot of other people couldn't care less what the U.L. faithful think. ;) or what the "Cardinal Spin" is on it. One thing is for sure is that the U.L. faithful sure know how to "spin" :lol:

 

BTW, I didn't say that U.L. was "terrible", I said that they will always be considered "lil' Brother" in the state of Kentucky. ;)

 

I am gettig tired an bored with this one now :sleep: :D , See Ya!

I bet that U of L beats UK this year...

That would break the streak Pancake.

 

UK v UoL = tired

 

The only reason I posted the above comment that UK "owns the State" outside of Louisville Metro, is because there are about 4-6 posters on this site that want to equate Louisville's recent sucess in football to some sort of - taking the grip on the state of Kentucky that UK has.

 

I just don't think that is true.

 

It sucks that we all can't root for both teams. I have often wondered why we don't and the only reason I can come up with is this:

 

Die Hard UK fans AND Die hard Cards fans CHOSE to be jerks when it comes to the other side

That would break the streak Pancake.

 

UK v UoL = tired

 

The only reason I posted the above comment that UK "owns the State" outside of Louisville Metro, is because there are about 4-6 posters on this site that want to equate Louisville's recent sucess in football to some sort of - taking the grip on the state of Kentucky that UK has.

 

I just don't think that is true.

 

It sucks that we all can't root for both teams. I have often wondered why we don't and the only reason I can come up with is this:

Die Hard UK fans AND Die hard Cards fans CHOSE to be jerks when it comes to the other side

 

 

You are probably right...:thumb:

 

 

But I do see Louisville winning both football and basketball next year.

If UL does not beat UK in basketball this year it may be awhile before they do.

 

The only reason I posted the above comment that UK "owns the State" outside of Louisville Metro, is because there are about 4-6 posters on this site that want to equate Louisville's recent sucess in football to some sort of - taking the grip on the state of Kentucky that UK has.

 

I just don't think that is true.

 

 

Im one of those 4-6 posters, and IMO, if we're talking about strictly football, Louisville has owned the Commonwealth for quite sometime now...UK has owned it in basketball...It's really not that hard of an arguement to grasp, IMO.

As far as football goes, Louisville has increased it's share of fans in Kentucky. And there's lots of room to gain that ground, because less than half of the football fans in the state are Kentucky football fans first last poll that was done. UK had about a 40% share, and U of L had about a 20% share. Then I would guess that tO$U, and ND each have a around a 10% share, the rest split with IU, Cincy, Michigan, Tennesse and a smattering of other national teams.

UK is the flagship program for the state in football and basketball despite of success or lack there of on the field. It is just a fact that UK has a larger fan base. It not that hard to grasp.

UL definitely has picked up alot of football fans across the state. I not saying they have more than UK but they have got alot of fans now. And I must admit that I dont mind the football team, I mean I wouldn't call my self a fan, but I wouldn't say I hate them either. I just really like the way they play!

UK is the flagship program for the state in football and basketball despite of success or lack there of on the field. It is just a fact that UK has a larger fan base. It not that hard to grasp.
Like I said, UK was 2-1... and that was before Louisville was a Big East and Orange Bowl Champion.

Personally, I root for UL against all opponents except UK..I don't consider myself a fan of UL, but, I'll always root for an instate team against a nonstate team...

I am a UK fan both basketball and football, but I always root for Lville as my second team in both sports.

UK is the flagship program for the state in football and basketball despite of success or lack there of on the field. It is just a fact that UK has a larger fan base. It not that hard to grasp.

I agree with this statement and that it is not to hard to grasp. Imo U.K. football is bad but still outshines U.L. within the state. That is not saying that U.L. is bad, far from it. That is just saying that it is that U.K. will always be the favorite of the majority of the state no matter what the records are.

 

JMO and others cetainly have a right to theirs as I have that same right to mine.

 

GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!

I agree with this statement and that it is not to hard to grasp. Imo U.K. football is bad but still outshines U.L. within the state. That is not saying that U.L. is bad, far from it. That is just saying that it is that U.K. will always be the favorite of the majority of the state no matter what the records are.

JMO and others cetainly have a right to theirs as I have that same right to mine.

 

GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!

That's false.

 

The majority of football fans in the state of Kentucky support another program before they support UK.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.