Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gillispie to run Louisville out of the state?

Featured Replies

UK-First football fans are a minority. The largest minority, but a minority.

 

And like I said, that was before Louisville won a BCS bowl and returned an All-American QB.

UK football has by far more fans than any other team in the state. As for UofL winning over Wake in the Orange bowl swaying fans. I don't think that is the case. UK's win over Clemson was more of a eye catcher to alot of people. I would say both programs picked up some band wagon fans this past season but UK has always had a much larger fan base. Its just a fact. Last seasons success from both programs really doesn't change that.

  • Replies 182
  • Views 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:thumb: I have made no secret on bgp that I am an Ohio State football fan. That does not mean that I do not support U.K. . I also like other teams as well (imo it is called being a fan of college football). Ohio State, U.K., Bama and Georgia (in that order) are my college football favorites along with whoever may be playing U.L. or Tenn. and LSU each week :D .

 

Like I stated in my previous post, I am as guilty as anyone of keeping this thread and debate going (and that is excatly what Doyel wants to do with his writings). I will exit this one now.

Isn't it funny, then, that you always rail against 'UK Haters,' which to you include people like me that root for Kentucky every game of the year except one ;)

 

My point is that you're a fan of THE Ohio State University first and foremost. Your interest in Kentucky football takes a back seat. If we included you in a discussion of Kentucky Football fans, you'd have to include ME- after all, at some point past my OTHER favorite teams, UK is my favorite team ;)

 

Only 40% of college footaball fans in Kentucky root primarily for UK, 20% are for Louisville. UK fans are a minority.

Isn't it funny, then, that you always rail against 'UK Haters,' which to you include people like me that root for Kentucky every game of the year except one ;)

 

My point is that you're a fan of THE Ohio State University first and foremost. Your interest in Kentucky football takes a back seat. If we included you in a discussion of Kentucky Football fans, you'd have to include ME- after all, at some point past my OTHER favorite teams, UK is my favorite team ;)

 

Only 40% of college footaball fans in Kentucky root primarily for UK, 20% are for Louisville. UK fans are a minority.

1. As for your first statement it is hard not to include you and others in a U.K. thread bc it seems to me that the U.L. fans post more on the U.K. based threads than they do their own U.L. threads :D .

 

2. You next point about me an fan of Ohio State fotball......yes, that is correct, don't you think that it is possible to be a fan of more than one team? I root for U.K. just as much as I do Ohio State and I do have a tie / specal interest in OSU that you probably are not aware of. At any rate, I not only like OSU and U.K., I also follow Alabama and Georgia. In todays worled it is possible to multi task :eek: ;) . I also can add another favorite, like I stated before - my other favorites are whoever is playing Louisville, Tenn., or LSU on a given week.\ :D

 

3. You say 40% of in state fans support U.K. and 20% support U.L., and with that stated you say that U.K. fans are a minority??:confused: I don't know how you were taught but I always thought that 40% was more than 20% :eek: Anyway............................:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Isn't it funny, then, that you always rail against 'UK Haters,' which to you include people like me that root for Kentucky every game of the year except one ;)

 

My point is that you're a fan of THE Ohio State University first and foremost. Your interest in Kentucky football takes a back seat. If we included you in a discussion of Kentucky Football fans, you'd have to include ME- after all, at some point past my OTHER favorite teams, UK is my favorite team ;)

 

Only 40% of college footaball fans in Kentucky root primarily for UK, 20% are for Louisville. UK fans are a minority.

Link to these figures please. :D

3. You say 40% of in state fans support U.K. and 20% support U.L., and with that stated you say that U.K. fans are a minority??:confused: I don't know how you were taught but I always thought that 40% was more than 20%

Minority is less than 50%. You can be the largest group and still be a minority.

 

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/minority

Link to these figures please. :D
While I don't have the link the article quoted on post 114 is well known to have existed.
If the population of the sate of KY is,

 

45% white

35% black

20% hispanic

 

who would be the minority??? it wouldn't appear to be the 45% ers???

Yes. Whites would be a minority in Kentucky. The largest minority, but a minority. Because if you broke it down by

 

45% White

55% Nonwhite

 

it becomes pretty clear what the minority is.

If the population of the sate of KY is,

 

45% white

35% black

20% hispanic

 

who would be the minority??? it wouldn't appear to be the 45% ers???

All are minorities. I understand why it can be confusing, but it is the proper use of the word.
1. As for your first statement it is hard not to include you and others in a U.K. thread bc it seems to me that the U.L. fans post more on the U.K. based threads than they do their own U.L. threads :D .
My point is you call me a UK hater and constantly write that my points and opinions should be dismissed out of hand for being that hater. Except I'm not a hater. But, you own up to hating U of L and go so far as to say that you always root against them. It's just interesting.

 

2. You next point about me an fan of Ohio State fotball......yes, that is correct, don't you think that it is possible to be a fan of more than one team? I root for U.K. just as much as I do Ohio State and I do have a tie / specal interest in OSU that you probably are not aware of. At any rate, I not only like OSU and U.K., I also follow Alabama and Georgia. In todays worled it is possible to multi task :eek: ;) . I also can add another favorite, like I stated before - my other favorites are whoever is playing Louisville, Tenn., or LSU on a given week.\ :D
Let me break it down for you again. I am a fan of more than one team. I'm a Louisville fan, and I root for Kentucky when they're not playing U of L, for example. It's been hard in basketball because I really disliked the 04 class of Rondo, Morris, Bradley and Crawford, but it's easy in football because I'll always root for Keenan Burton. But does that mean I should be included as a UK fan in a statstical breakdown of the fanbases in the state? No. You have to go by primary rooting interest. In all college sports, my primary rooting interest is U of L. If you were asked, which college football team do you root for the most, what would be your answer? If it's tO$U, then you're a tO$U football fan.

 

I will not deny that there is more than 40% of this state that would cheer for UK BEFORE they would cheer for U of L. But there's also more than 20% of the state that would cheer for U of L before UK.

3. You say 40% of in state fans support U.K. and 20% support U.L., and with that stated you say that U.K. fans are a minority??:confused: I don't know how you were taught but I always thought that 40% was more than 20% :eek:
That couldn't be more funny. A minority is anything less than 50%, even if they're the largest group. That's what I was taught in school, and it's also what the definition of the word minority is, as pointed out by another proud grad of duPont Manual the Magnet High School in this thread. :lol:
Anyway............................:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:
Good to know that the classics never die.:lol:

This is the first and last time I post in this thread... because its STUPID

My point is you call me a UK hater and constantly write that my points and opinions should be dismissed out of hand for being that hater. Except I'm not a hater. But, you own up to hating U of L and go so far as to say that you always root against them. It's just interesting.

 

Let me break it down for you again. I am a fan of more than one team. I'm a Louisville fan, and I root for Kentucky when they're not playing U of L, for example. It's been hard in basketball because I really disliked the 04 class of Rondo, Morris, Bradley and Crawford, but it's easy in football because I'll always root for Keenan Burton. But does that mean I should be included as a UK fan in a statstical breakdown of the fanbases in the state? No. You have to go by primary rooting interest. In all college sports, my primary rooting interest is U of L. If you were asked, which college football team do you root for the most, what would be your answer? If it's tO$U, then you're a tO$U football fan.

 

I will not deny that there is more than 40% of this state that would cheer for UK BEFORE they would cheer for U of L. But there's also more than 20% of the state that would cheer for U of L before UK.

That couldn't be more funny. A minority is anything less than 50%, even if they're the largest group. That's what I was taught in school, and it's also what the definition of the word minority is, as pointed out by another proud grad of duPont Manual the Magnet High School in this thread. :lol: Good to know that the classics never die.:lol:

You big time Louisville h.s. does not impress me one bit nor does it matter to me but it is good to know that you are proud of it ;) . Talk about classics, your spin once again was very classic and predictable. Since you like the classics so well, here ya go again ...:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :lol:

You big time Louisville h.s. does not impress me one bit nor does it matter to me but it is good to know that you are proud of it ;) . Talk about classics, your spin once again was very classic and predictable. Since you like the classics so well, here ya go again ...:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :lol:

 

Always remember, Ignorance is Bliss... ;)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.