April 25, 200719 yr Both have very good AD's. And no, Gillispie is not going to run Louisville out of the state.
April 25, 200719 yr Louisville will be popular in the Louisville Metro area. UK owns the rest of the state. PERIOD
April 25, 200719 yr Louisville will be popular in the Louisville Metro area. UK owns the rest of the state. PERIOD And in the overall scheme of things, what does it matter? :confused: Is it just another "point of pride"? I really don't get it. I mean, is the fan base the determining factor of pride? I get so confused by all this "UK owns KY" stuff.:confused:
April 25, 200719 yr Both have very good AD's. And no, Gillispie is not going to run Louisville out of the state. Never thought I'd do this to a post of your in the College forum OR, but :thumb: :thumb: .
April 25, 200719 yr And in the overall scheme of things, what does it matter? :confused: Is it just another "point of pride"? I really don't get it. I mean, is the fan base the determining factor of pride? I get so confused by all this "UK owns KY" stuff.:confused: I think he's simply stating that UKs fan base is much more spread out than the UL fan base, which is true, but, that doesn't mean UL doesn't have alot of fans and alot of pride, they do. It's just the UK fanbase is to the point of extreme with it's support and passion for it's teams and thats in comparison to any team, not just UL...
April 25, 200719 yr There are quite a few UK grads out there that bleed red too. My cousin is a Cards fan with a Masters from UK, that happens on both sides. The simple matter of fact is that we will have to wait and see what happens, crowing about what a great hire UK's basketball coach is is kinda moot till he actually wins a game there, everything is pie in the sky now for Kragthorpe and Gillespie till either new hire does anything. Nice article from Doyle for the Cats though considering he is usually throwing them under the bus and not throwing them a bone.
April 25, 200719 yr Never thought I'd do this to a post of your in the College forum OR, but :thumb: :thumb: . :lol: :thumb:
April 25, 200719 yr There are quite a few UK grads out there that bleed red too. My cousin is a Cards fan with a Masters from UK, that happens on both sides. The simple matter of fact is that we will have to wait and see what happens, crowing about what a great hire UK's basketball coach is is kinda moot till he actually wins a game there, everything is pie in the sky now for Kragthorpe and Gillespie till either new hire does anything. Nice article from Doyle for the Cats though considering he is usually throwing them under the bus and not throwing them a bone. :thumb: I've met quite a few Card fans that go to school here.
April 26, 200719 yr Louisville will be popular in the Louisville Metro area. UK owns the rest of the state. PERIOD Some of the good ol' boys network never accepted Tubby and switched to UL while RP has been there. There are UL supporters throughout the state. They have 2 favorite teams UL and whoever is playing UK.
April 26, 200719 yr ...he won't let UL be below the men in blue.. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Someone has got one heck of an imagination or they have been in the "Makers Mark" too soon before the Derby..............or both! This is funny. :lol:
April 26, 200719 yr ^ What's so funny? Uk's history is grand....but UL's present and future...are out of sight.
April 26, 200719 yr ^ What's so funny? Uk's history is grand....but UL's present and future...are out of sight. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
April 26, 200719 yr ^ What's so funny? Uk's history is grand....but UL's present and future...are out of sight.I think his smileys are what make his argument so compelling. Rational arguments stand little chance before them.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.