Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gillispie to run Louisville out of the state?

Featured Replies

Pitino's now going to have to work his tail off recruiting to maintain the level he's been at...We'll see if he's still got the juice... He really didn't have to work too hard with Tubby down the road...

  • Replies 182
  • Views 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you guys are talking about in-state recruiting, there are only two kids from KY on UL's squad, and one was a walk-on. Rick doesn't really recruit that hard in-state, so I dont think he's really worried about it...

Here's what I don't get....how does this hurt Pitino's recruiting? :confused: His hotbeds are in the New York, primarily. :confused:

Here's what I don't get....how does this hurt Pitino's recruiting? :confused: His hotbeds are in the New York, primarily. :confused:

 

It doesn't, whatsoever...They just like to think it does since it's UK...;)

I'm really going to be interested in what the reaction on this is from all the UK fans... especially considering they have to know that someone is going to bring up their past (highly negative) opinions of Doyel's work. His Hate Mail column is rife with UK fans.

 

Doyel is just trying to stir it up.................to keep himself in the news. Since neither team does much recruiting in-state, the correlation of one being up meaning the other has to be down does not seem to apply.

BCG and Pitino will not cross paths very often on the recruiting trail...

There going to butt heads on Darius Miller and in looking at some of the big name players in the 08 class, theres several guys out there with UL and UK on there interested lists...I think there could be more path crossing than people think...

Pitino's now going to have to work his tail off recruiting to maintain the level he's been at...We'll see if he's still got the juice... He really didn't have to work too hard with Tubby down the road...

It may cause a recruiting battle for some kids (like Miller) but I really don't think so. I took it as he thought that Louisville would be NO competiton "on the floor" for U.K.. Doyle probably meant it anyway someone wanted to take it as long as he could "stir the pot". ;)

I dont think we will run UL out of the state...Honestly I think we will be seeing here soon is the rivalry between UK and UL grow even bigger, and become an even more national event, just like we see with UNC vs. Duke...

Greg Doyel thinks so...

 

Five best hires

Billy Gillispie, Kentucky: Not just a home run, this was a walk-off grand slam. In all of college basketball, and this includes that cute little bugger down there at Florida, Gillispie was the perfect hire for Kentucky. By the time he's done running Louisville out of the state, the Cardinals will be getting their mail in Missouri.

 

Ten for Tuesday: Best of the best -- and worst

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

 

Bring it.

Doyel's still a moron....

I think that fact has been established long before this article :lol: . Whatever anyone writes or says it is still going to have to be proven on the floor and I like................ no, I love U.K. chances there. :thumb:

Gillispie will try and beat every game them not run them out!

Gillispie will try and beat every game them not run them out!

 

what?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.