Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gillispie to run Louisville out of the state?

Featured Replies

I don't care about just in KY...but across the nation I bet there are more people fond of Louisville football instead of the latter.

Around the country I bet there are few people who really care about UK or Louisville football. It not like either one has been historically a powerhouse program in the sport. Anyway, wasn't this discussion about the fan base in the state? I believe it was.

  • Replies 182
  • Views 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's not debatable. UK has more casual fans of the game of football than Louisville does. But as far as people that actually care, Louisville has at least as many fans as UK does. There's no doubt that the spring game attendance speaks to that.

 

Your 80-20 number that puts you past 50,000 also assumes that there were no locals at the game. Do you really think that was the case? Zero locals? It also flies in the face of the facts- Clemson sold 11,500 tickets thru their ticket office, and I doubt that the ONLY tickets Clemson fans could get their hands on were from the ticket office.

 

I just don't think it's realistic to think that UK had 50,000 fans there.

 

I wasn't at the spring game and I do actually care as do many others. This link addresses some of the issues concerning the spring game. http://www.kentuckyconnect.com/295/story/56042.html

 

I tailgated with some locals. They were UK fans that lived in Nashville. The 80-20 numbers are accurate IMO. Clemson-11,500, UK -50,000, Locals/Others-6,524. Pretty realistic when compared with your Orange Bowl numbers.

 

Also Miami is much harder on the pocketbook than Nashville. The average fan probably spent about 3,000 for the trip all together. That eliminates a large percentage of the fan base from going.

 

I'm not disputing that at all. As I noted twice in earlier post I fully understand the differences involved with the distance traveled.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.