Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gillispie to run Louisville out of the state?

Featured Replies

BCG and Pitino will not cross paths very often on the recruiting trail...
:thumb:
  • Replies 182
  • Views 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There going to butt heads on Darius Miller and in looking at some of the big name players in the 08 class, theres several guys out there with UL and UK on there interested lists...I think there could be more path crossing than people think...
Pitino is on Miller, but Miller is no where near the priority for U of L in the 08 class that he is for UK. And most people consider him UK's to lose regardless of the coach.

 

The only kid they're both after besides is Monroe. And everyone is after Monroe.

 

I forgot to add Romero Osby to that. I think that's genuinely a recruiting battle where they both have serious interest and a shot.

Gillispie will try and beat every game them not run them out!

 

 

I have had too much cough syrup, because this sentence makes no since... :creepy:

Gillispie will try and beat every game them not run them out!

:confused: :confused: Uh?

This is a funny article.

Gillispie will try and beat them every game, not run them out!
What you meant to say, maybe?

 

I have had too much cough syrup, because this sentence makes no since... :creepy:
This one doesn't make much sense either.

 

C'mon gentlemen, we all make typos.

Here is my favorite sentence in that article:

 

Heath will be an absolute disaster at South Florida, and considering the cesspool he left behind at Arkansas, I'm already celebrating his imminent dismissal.

 

Anytime you can work the word cesspool into a discussion about coaching changes, you've wrote a heck of an article, LOL.

Here is my favorite sentence in that article:

 

Heath will be an absolute disaster at South Florida, and considering the cesspool he left behind at Arkansas, I'm already celebrating his imminent dismissal.

 

Anytime you can work the word cesspool into a discussion about coaching changes, you've wrote a heck of an article, LOL.

 

 

:lol: :lol:

Two things are for sure right now.....

 

Tom Jurich is the BEST AD in the Commonwealth...

 

...he won't let UL be below the men in blue..

Give me Barnhart and you can keep Tommy Turtleneck.
And I thought was laughing before.
What has Tom Jurich actually done that trumps the work of Barnhart?
Hired JLS. Hired Petrino. Both were better football hires than anything Barnhart's done. One day Kragthorpe will be up there, too, but he hasn't proven it yet so I won't claim him.

 

In basketball, Jurich landed the former coach of the archrival who happens to be responsible for multiple Final Four runs, ranks as the 2nd best active coach in NCAA tournament winning percentage, a coaching legend in the #1 hoops hotbed- and while Billy G has potential, he's still a coach entering his 6th year as the head man, and he has a career 3-3 record in the NCAA tournament.

 

Jurich has done more. It's the facts.

What has Tom Jurich actually done that trumps the work of Barnhart?
Obtained BCS conference membership.

Actually got his man in Pitino.

Managed what could have been a much uglier retirement of Denny Crum who was falling out of his prime.

Hire the one of the best offensive minds in college football ever who got his team to win a BCS bowl.

Constructed numerous athletic facilities around campus. The campus is different than when I walked in in 1999.

Re-energized the Cardinal spirit in the city of Louisville.

Continually expanded the UofL fan base out side of Jefferson Co.

Promoted spring game interest that saw 25,000+ attend the Spring football game.

Always is a phone call away from the next coach at UofL.

Hired JLS. Hired Petrino. Both were better football hires than anything Barnhart's done. One day Kragthorpe will be up there, too, but he hasn't proven it yet so I won't claim him.

 

In basketball, Jurich landed the former coach of the archrival who happens to be responsible for multiple Final Four runs, ranks as the 2nd best active coach in NCAA tournament winning percentage, a coaching legend in the #1 hoops hotbed- and while Billy G has potential, he's still a coach entering his 6th year as the head man, and he has a career 3-3 record in the NCAA tournament.

 

Jurich has done more. It's the facts.

 

I would give him the slight edge right now! However Barnhart is really close because yeah I think he messed up still with the football hire, even though Brooks did good last year, I still think he could have got a better coach..However in the other sports he brought in coaches who turned around sports that were just terrible before in baseball, womens bball, and volleyball. I dont know if he brought in any of the soccer coaches, but if he did then he brought in good coaches for that too! And now he ended up getting what looks like so far A GREAT COACH to get this UK program back on track. So as I said I will give Jurich the edge right now because his hires in gettin Pitino, and then just all those football coaches is really impressive. And I know he has done alright in the other sports as well. So that is why I give him the slight edge, but he not as much ahead of Barnhart as you all sometimes make it seem to be....

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.