2007 Ky. All-Stars

Anybody know who the no shows were? And do they have a list of alternates they could call? KY. verses IN. is way to important to us fans to blow off.

Briggs of Fairdale, Carroll of Paintsville, Dickman of NDA, Fortman and Okoro of Russell, Jackson of Clay Co, Klei of NCC, Kurtz of Nelson, McCullah of Whitley, Odom of Apollo, Seals of Raceland, Spillman of Barren Co, Swisher of Frank.Simp and Waters of McCreary Co (List compliments of Louis Meadows)

There could be alternates if the committee was informed of the players not being able to attend but lets face facts, these top 40 girls are the best we have to offer so why ask someone else and have them waste their time. A couple of these girls, IMO, may have had a chance to make the team. Whether or not they thought so, I feel they should have at least tried by showing up. It's an honor, not a privelage to be invited to this.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the girls listed as team members have already committed to play college ball. I don't understand what you are trying to say here.

Bee Gray has to report to UNC in June to take summer classes and I think she showed up for tryouts.

Like stalkingpanther said....., AMEN!

I am afraid with more colleges requiring their recruits to be on campus for summer classes these games will continue to lose their luster. Will Gray be able to play if she has to be at UNC in June?

3ptshooter - the girls are invited, they are not being drafted. The coaches invite who they want to tryout regardless of the number of no-shows. There wasn't one player out there that didn't get an invite because of these that did, but didn't show up. This is the exact reason for inviting so many.

You were wrong to ASSUME that because the girls were no shows that they did not tell anyone. I know, Seals was informed by her coach that she had been invited. Her response to him was that she could not. The K/I staff never contacted her personally. I know from reliable sources that several other girls did in fact notify the proper staff. I think you took a CHEAP SHOT at some of the finest young ladies in the state of Ky. and that you owe them a public apology.

I am afraid with more colleges requiring their recruits to be on campus for summer classes these games will continue to lose their luster. Will Gray be able to play if she has to be at UNC in June?

up until this point, all college coaches have allowed their recruits/players to participate in this series. the times in the past when a no show used a future college as an excuse, coaches were called and arrangements were made to allow that player the opportunity to participate.

I think there would have been many girls who would have come to the try-outs who in my opinion would have been as good or maybe better than the ones that chose not to come. Granted, most everyone who follows girls basketball would be able to pick the 20 best players in the State, but after that I think you probably have 20 or 30 girls of equal talent with different strengths. So if some of those choose not to attend that would give another player with equal ability a shot at making the team not to mention giving the coaches more talent to look at.

I don't think 3point belittled any one player in particular. If a girl chosen informed their coach or the coaches running the program they could not attend that is all they had to do. It is the ones that just did not show up are the ones that were made reference to. No apology needed to any of them.

If you read post 7 and 9 you will see that ALL 14 of the girls were lumped together as NO SHOWS and disrespectful etc. That was and is wrong. When incorrect statements are made then corrections are in order. Posts 7 and 9 just assumed the girls did not follow proper procedure. What is disrespectful is to accuse young ladies of things they are not guilty of doing.

I have to go , work to be done.

I know 5 of the 14 girls that did not try out. I do not known all their reason nor do I have to know. What I do know is that these girls have brought nothing but honor and distinction to themselves, parents, coaches, school s,the 15th and 16th regions and to the state of KY. They peobably have enough awards to fill a pick-up truck. They have work hard, played hard, handled themselves with intergity and dignity at all times---on and off the floor. Most if not all are honor students and active in their communities. If you want to talk about respect and "CLASS" you will find they are respectful girls that have nothing but "HIGH CLASS".

I do apologize for not doing what should have been done earlier

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL WHO TRIED OUT AND TO THOSE WHO MADE THE TEAM.

ESPECIALLY TERRY AND QUEEN WE KNOW YOU WILL REPRESENT THE

Fairplay, for a new comer you have a lot of nothing to say. If you know me only from reading what I post on here you would know that I am a huge fan of girls bball and would never single anyone player/s out for anything but good.

I took no cheap shots at any of the girls I listed, I stated the facts, they did not show up for tryouts. Don't read something else into it. I read this from another website which I pointed out. Whether or not they called their coach or the committee I have no idea. That wasn't my point. My point being that there were numerous players not in attendance, why who knows.

You talk about me taking cheap shots, what do you call your comments intended towards me. The girls would not have been invited if they did not have the accalades you listed. You are barking at the choir.

cootyb25, thanks for watching my back, as usual

Miss Okoro signed with Lousiville on a track scholly. I would not expect her to miss track to play in a basketball game. Track is her love and where her real talent is. She is ranked 1st in state in shot and discuss. 1st in nation in shot.

Congratulations to all the girls who are continuing on to what ever their endeavors are. That is not the point of this thread. The point is was it or was it not disappointing, or imature, or not acting like a young adult to not let someone know they would not attend the try-outs. I am just referencing the ones who no-showed. I say this because I know personally several girls who may not be in that top 20 but who most certainly are in the next 20 who would have loved to take their spot for a chance to play on the all star team. Of course that is just my opinion.

3point--I believe your statement was 14 girls were no shows(correct)then--shows no respect(wrong) All those invited could not be there--no disrespect.

I also noted an AMEN to the no class comment from #9.

At the very beginning the question should have been----Why were the girls not there??? Not assuming they were your no shows. In fact does anyone know that any of the girls did not respond. It helps to get facts before making statements.

Miss Okoro signed with Lousiville on a track scholly. I would not expect her to miss track to play in a basketball game. Track is her love and where her real talent is. She is ranked 1st in state in shot and discuss. 1st in nation in shot.

As good as she is, she is only ranked 2nd in the State with a throw of 37' 9.5 inches...she is no were near the national leader of 52' 6.5 inches. My personal opinion is that none of these girls owes anyone an explanation as to why they didnt tryout. It was an invitation not a draft. Letting the coach know would be a decent thing to do, but i dont think its anybody elses business.