Elliott, Lateidra - 7

Gholson, Thia - 7

Howard, Ashley - 15

London, Emily - 11

Prince, Ashley - 3

Queen, Emily - 16

Snowden, Keyla - 11

Terry, Laura - 16

seems like a good mix with say 2 surprises.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On this all star tryout thing, what is your opinion. If you are the head coach and one of your players gets selected to try out, what do you do?

I think it is a shame that 14 of the invited girls no showed for these tryouts. I know the coach can not make the girls go due to them graduating but ...? I think it shows disrespect, IMO. No excuse for not going unless injured. There is no spring break, Easter is over so what excuse can you have not to show up.

I know some of the girls are going on to college and taking summer classes. They also may have already played in some all star games in April.

Disrespect or moving on from high school to college. Sounds like a personal choice to me.

I know some of the girls are going on to college and taking summer classes. They also may have already played in some all star games in April.

Disrespect or moving on from high school to college. Sounds like a personal choice to me.

An invitation to KY-IN Allstar Tryouts is an HONOR........an HONOR that many players would kill for! If kids were invited but didn't want to attend, that is their choice, no matter what the reason, good or bad........

However, they should have had the decency and respect for themselves, the KY-IN staff, and other deserving players to inform someone of their decision not to attend. IMO a "no-show" in this event reflects poorly on the player, their parents, their HS coach, their high school, and the college program they may be about to enter into. A no-show IMO equates NO CLASS! :irked:

On this all star tryout thing, what is your opinion. If you are the head coach and one of your players gets selected to try out, what do you do?

I think it is a shame that 14 of the invited girls no showed for these tryouts. I know the coach can not make the girls go due to them graduating but ...? I think it shows disrespect, IMO. No excuse for not going unless injured. There is no spring break, Easter is over so what excuse can you have not to show up.

Who were the no-shows?

I don't any of the other players on this team personally but I do want to say this about the one I do know.

Courtney Danis is not only an excellent player and competitor but she is the finest young lady that you will ever meet. It doesn't surprise me one bit that she made this team and it won't surprise me that she will make this team better just by her mere presence on it! Courtney has made an impression on the Montgomery Co. program and the community that won't soon be forgotten.

Courtney if you read this know that you are loved by many and appreciated by all. Represent Montgomery Co., the 10th Region and your State well this summer and continued success in both your academic and athletic careers.:jump:

An invitation to KY-IN Allstar Tryouts is an HONOR........an HONOR that many players would kill for! If kids were invited but didn't want to attend, that is their choice, no matter what the reason, good or bad........

However, they should have had the decency and respect for themselves, the KY-IN staff, and other deserving players to inform someone of their decision not to attend. IMO a "no-show" in this event reflects poorly on the player, their parents, their HS coach, their high school, and the college program they may be about to enter into. A no-show IMO equates NO CLASS! :irked:

Amen panther!

Most of the girls listed as team members have already committed to play college ball. I don't understand what you are trying to say here.

Bee Gray has to report to UNC in June to take summer classes and I think she showed up for tryouts.

Like stalkingpanther said....., AMEN!