2007 Ky. All-Stars

3point--I believe your statement was 14 girls were no shows(correct)then--shows no respect(wrong) All those invited could not be there--no disrespect.

I also noted an AMEN to the no class comment from #9.

At the very beginning the question should have been----Why were the girls not there??? Not assuming they were your no shows. In fact does anyone know that any of the girls did not respond. It helps to get facts before making statements.

Fairplay, give it a rest you are beating a dead horse in the mouth. Do you understand that? As I have already stated, I just repeated what someone else said in regards to not showing up.

Anyway, I am not denying anything I said. You post your questions your way and I will post mine my way. I said they did not show up.(PERIOD) Why is that so bad? This is exactly what happened, they did not show up, there is not any other way around it. Now, if some had excuses, so be it, then post why they could not be there. If Okoro had a track meet, say she had a track meet, that is understandable since she is going to UL for track. Fortman, I have been told, did contact someone to let them know. Who else, speak up.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes 3 I understand. You stated in your post that the girls were "no shows" I have no problem with that. You also stated "shows disrespect" (read your own post) that is the problem . You are wrong on that point. Let me be very clear:::the girls HAVE CLASS AND ARE NOT DISRESPECTFUL THAT IS THE TRUTH AND THE WAY THINGS REALLY ARE. I resent you or anyone else saying anything different. I suppose you did not say "AMEN PANTHER" in post #13.

Your definition of NO SHOW "SEEMS" to be that the girls did not tell anyone and just did not show up.

My definition is the did not show and probably had a very good reason.

Thank you Lvlletrack

As good as she is, she is only ranked 2nd in the State with a throw of 37' 9.5 inches...she is no were near the national leader of 52' 6.5 inches. My personal opinion is that none of these girls owes anyone an explanation as to why they didnt tryout. It was an invitation not a draft. Letting the coach know would be a decent thing to do, but i dont think its anybody elses business.

As with any invitation, it is nice to get an RSVP, thank you for the invitation, I'm honored but will not be able to attend. A lost art. Individual players are not contacted directly. A letter goes to the AD or team coach. That individual contacts the player with the invite. Approx. half of the players that elected not to show for try outs responded directly or by way of their coaches with apologies and thanks. Others did not respond, may be lack of communication or personal preference not to respond. When a known candidate declines early enough, a replacement was added. The most frustrating situation is where a player says they will show, provides stats, pictures, school emblems, rooms and meals planned and their coach shows for try outs and they don't show. That borders on disrespectful.

As with any invitation, it is nice to get an RSVP, thank you for the invitation, I'm honored but will not be able to attend. A lost art. Individual players are not contacted directly. A letter goes to the AD or team coach. That individual contacts the player with the invite. Approx. half of the players that elected not to show for try outs responded directly or by way of their coaches with apologies and thanks. Others did not respond, may be lack of communication or personal preference not to respond. When a known candidate declines early enough, a replacement was added. The most frustrating situation is where a player says they will show, provides stats, pictures, school emblems, rooms and meals planned and their coach shows for try outs and they don't show. That borders on disrespectful.

Beta, thank you for the explanation. Fairplay, how about if I would have put it this way as Beta did? I did not mean to ruffle your feathers. I fully understand your point. When a player is invited to something as big as this they should respond one way or the other, if they do not then I would say that is being disrespectful.

I am sure all these girls are great kids and have been raised accordingly, as I know some of them personally. IMO, poor judgement IF they did not respond ya/na! As far as I know, they all may have declined in some way but as I read it off another board, they no showed. I interpreted the way I posted it.