Kidwell named COY in the 16th Region

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Coach Kidwell on such a well-deserved honor.

The Lady Devils had a tough one in the finals, but Coach K did a great job this year and has done a great job in his short tenure as girls coach at the "Think Tank" (Russell HS).

I wouldn't call one district win and no regional championships a great job. He got out-coached by Trimble in the district and Euton in 2 straight regional tournaments. I think you can throw in Bradley from Ashland as one of the only 3 coaches deserving of any kind of award this year.

As I have stated in other threads I fully support the selection of Kidwell. I do think that this year it has been tough to come up with a clear concensus. I agree that Trimble, Brown (Morgan Cty), and Euton also could have been considered for this award.

A coach that might have been overlooked by many was Bill Bradley at Ashland. Bradley may not be as flashy as some of the coaches in the region but the guy can coach. He's steadily improved the Kittens each year from 3 wins, to 8 wins, to 17 wins over the past three years AND with basically the same team...and all the players except one will still be only juniors or younger next season. Bradley's team beat regional contender Raceland this year, a much larger veteran Boyd team in districts, and senior laden West Carter team in regionals. Ashland did not pad their schedule this year to achieve the 17 wins either. Pretty good coaching job if you ask me.

Bill Bradley would have been well deserving as well as Euton and Trimble. One of those three would have been more deserving. Russell was the preseason favorite for the district and regional championships and won neither

so you could easily say that they underachieved. Yes, they won 27 games but did not live up to expectations and once again lost to Rose Hill in the post season. I have no family at Rose Hill, have never had any family there either. Heck, I even had a letter to the editor in the Ashland paper voicing my displeasure with Rose Hill during the OJ era. But it is obvious that for the second year in a row Pam Euton is getting left out of another award because of personal feelings that people have about that school. If not Pam Euton then Bobby Trimble, whose team won the district, or Bill Bradley who has done wonders with a very young team. Kidwell had a team that was experienced and talented but did not achieve nearly what people thought they would.

The winner deserved the award for the following reasons........................

Can someone intelligently and with some factual documentation fill in the ............?

By the way, I do congratulate the winner on receiving the most votes from his colleagues. I fully understand how it happened but I just don't comprehend how it can be justified.

The real story is that numerous posters, particularly in another thread, are supporting the choice for the sole purpose of digging at those who feel the vote was less than legitimate. These posters have no interest in supporting their position but, instead, desire to criticize and belittle a particular coach and those who support that coach.

We all know who won the award. Shoot, I was told, in writing over a year ago that one particular coach and two particular players would be excluded in these votes. Therefore, the votes, both last year and this year, are of no surprise to me.

Nonetheless, rather than trying to stir up animousity (which, as we all know, is really the purpose of many of these posts), I, again, ask those "pleased" with the outcome to tell us why the winner deserved to win. I have asked that repeatedly on this and another thread and, to date, absolutely nothing has been offered. Now, that doesn't surprise me at all and it shouldn't surprise anyone else.

If there is no legitimate argument for the choice made by the coaches, then the only answer is that the motives of a certain group of coaches were, shall we say, less than pure. I say that the evidence is conclusive that that was the case. Now, let someone offer something to rebut my conclusion.

The real story is that numerous posters, particularly in another thread, are supporting the choice for the sole purpose of digging at those who feel the vote was less than legitimate. These posters have no interest in supporting their position but, instead, desire to criticize and belittle a particular coach and those who support that coach.

We all know who won the award. Shoot, I was told, in writing over a year ago that one particular coach and two particular players would be excluded in these votes. Therefore, the votes, both last year and this year, are of no surprise to me.

Nonetheless, rather than trying to stir up animousity (which, as we all know, is really the purpose of many of these posts), I, again, ask those "pleased" with the outcome to tell us why the winner deserved to win. I have asked that repeatedly on this and another thread and, to date, absolutely nothing has been offered. Now, that doesn't surprise me at all and it shouldn't surprise anyone else.

If there is no legitimate argument for the choice made by the coaches, then the only answer is that the motives of a certain group of coaches were, shall we say, less than pure. I say that the evidence is conclusive that that was the case. Now, let someone offer something to rebut my conclusion.

Different thread, same old story. Instead of a puzzle, Scooter, I pose to you a question - Why would anyone want to respond to your inquiries? Talk about a futile proposition. If anyone disagrees with you, you reject their comments as hearsay, smokescreens, veiled shots, bias, prejudice, etc... You have even spoken out against fellow RH supporters for only giving their opinion (ie..”joined the lynch mob”), just because it does not support your own.

The only way someone could answer your question is by bashing Coach Euton and explaining why she is not a good coach, or at least not good enough to win the COY. This is something I refuse to do in a public forum. I have too much respect for Coach Euton, her staff, RH fans, and the players to resort to this. And by the way, I never said that Euton wasn't justified in winning this Award. I also never said that Kidwell should win it. I just said that I can see why they, along with some other area coaches could be in the running for it.

I could of course write to you in a PM explaining why a number of coaches including Coach A could be justified in winning the COY. But it would, of course, be an utter waste of my time. I would rather spend my time in more constructive matters. If you feel so strongly that your opinion (and it is an opinion no matter how many "facts" you have to back it up) is the correct one, you should be able to sleep very well at night. Who cares what everyone else thinks? Can we now stop beating this horse? It’s been dead for quite a few days now.

Okay, Intentional Foul, you have finally made it clear that, neither in a post nor in a private message, can you make a positive case for the winner. You seem to claim to have facts but you never present any. Don't be dismayed. No one else of your persuasion has done so either.

I'm sure it wasn't your intent but, in fact, you confirm my thesis.