Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Does Kentucky DESERVE an NCAA slot?

Does Kentucky DESERVE an NCAA slot? 136 members have voted

  1. 1. Does Kentucky DESERVE an NCAA slot?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Please note that I didn't say will they get one, I said do they DESERVE one.

 

I think they will get a bid based solely on the number of people that will follow them but I don't think they deserve one.

 

They have played a tough schedule but they have no signature wins. Their biggest win is probably against a struggling (at the time anyway) Louisville team. They have no wins against teams in the top 25.

 

The NCAA committee is supposed to take the results of the late games into effect and Kentucky has not done well. Add to that the fact that their wins against Alabama, Tennessee and LSU came without those teams best players.

 

I definately think that UK SHOULD be NIT bound.

 

Typical U of L fan... UK deserves a bid and will get one.

  • Replies 156
  • Views 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RPI--

UK: 9

UL: 35

 

SOS--

UK: 1

UL: 44

 

Non-Conf RPI--

UK: 5

UL: 74

 

Head-to-head--

UK: 1

UL: 0

 

vs. 1-25:

UK: 1-6

UL: 2-5

 

vs. 26-50:

UK: 4-3

UL: 0-1

 

vs. 51-100:

UK: 8-1

UL: 5-2

 

I'd say you better hope they get in.

 

:thumb:

I gave valid reasons why I didn't think they should get in. What reasons to you have for thinking they should? Is UK above being questioned?

How about 13 or 14 wins against the top 100 in the RPI.

what a terrible thread...are you being serious All Tell? You're only starting this thread to rub in UK's poor play, not a general interest. If it wasn't Kentucky, you'd say team A with similar schedule, wins losses ( one over Louisville i think?:sssh: ) etc, you'd say they deserve the bid. But it's UK, so you're throwing a hissy. UK will be in, get over it, don't be such a baby.

Quite simply...................YES! U.K. dserves a bid and I think that the reason for this thread is clear. :sleep:

After seeing post #11... the only way anybody could say UK doesn't deserve to get in is if they have a ridiculous bias against them, which clearly All Tell does.

I'd say definitely yes. They do have 21 wins and have got most of those wins playing 4 on 5 basketball all season. (It seems like at least one full position never shows up on a given night.) No wins against top 25's, but wins against teams that beat top 25's. As good as almost any other 5-10 seed, IMO.

Maybe they'll put us in the play-in game???? If you put weight on the last games of the season, early games will count as well. Also, UK $$$$$$$ from Big Blue Nation come into play, they travel well and, even though the NCAA says different, a lot (most) of this is about show me the money. If you want them in or not, the money talks and nothing short of 15 losses would probably keep them out. A team that dose'nt travel well may be out, but not UK.

Don't forget the SEC Commish is in the room...

UK gets into the tourney no problem and they deserve to be there. Now, they are not world-beaters by any means, but UK has played the toughest schedule in the nation. UK beat all the teams they were better than out of conference and even though UK struggled in conference they still had a winning record.

This is crazy look at the #s they DESERVEto be in and will be in.

I'm not necessarily going to question the validity of this question, but I certainly do question the timing. I do have a hard time believing this was not simply All Tell trying to poke at the UK fans following a loss that really already did the work for him. I think it is telling that the other Card fans have stayed away.

 

I think pretty much everything that needs to be said about why they DO deserve a bid has already been said. Many teams with comparable records do not have comparable numbers. Many with comparable records that have bigger wins also have bad losses. UK doesn't have many (or any) big wins, but they have zero bad losses. MSU actually had the lowest RPI of any of their losses at 66 coming into today.

Based on the way the played in the past ten games or so I don't think they deserve to be in. Yet, they will get in because they beat a bunch of nobody's at the first of the year and of course because they are KENTUCKY!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.