Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Does Kentucky DESERVE an NCAA slot?

Does Kentucky DESERVE an NCAA slot? 136 members have voted

  1. 1. Does Kentucky DESERVE an NCAA slot?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Michigan is 21-11 (same record as KY), 53 in RPI, not sure about strength of schedule. 4 losses to the #1 team (3 to Ohio State and 1 to UCLA who was #1 at the time they played Michigan, I believe).

 

Signature wins were Michigan State, Indiana and Davidson.

 

But the analysts say that they are out of the tournament.

PRI 9 Vs 53

SOS 1 VS What??

 

 

 

There you go.

  • Replies 156
  • Views 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There you have it.

 

There you have what??? :lol: :lol:

  • Author
Just because you hate UK doesn't mean they don't deserve to be in.

Just because you bleed blue doesn't mean that they do.

Michigan is 21-11 (same record as KY), 53 in RPI, not sure about strength of schedule. 4 losses to the #1 team (3 to Ohio State and 1 to UCLA who was #1 at the time they played Michigan, I believe).

 

Signature wins were Michigan State, Indiana and Davidson.

 

But the analysts say that they are out of the tournament.

 

 

Take a look at the computer numbers and you'll understand the diffference.

 

As far as UK's signature wins....Indiana, Louisville, Tennessee....

 

UK also has loses to UNC, UCLA, 2xFlorida, all of which were #1 at some point, as well as #5 Memphis, who happens to have a 20 game win streak going....

 

Next...

All Tell, I don't understand why you can't just cheer UK on. I wouldn't consider myself a Louisville fan, but I definitely want them to go far. It's good for the state. Shouldn't you hope they get in the tourney?

Just because you bleed blue doesn't mean that they do.

Thats not why I think they are in. Its based on numbers. I am far from a UK homer.

  • Author
All Tell, I don't understand why you can't just cheer UK on. I wouldn't consider myself a Louisville fan, but I definitely want them to go far. It's good for the state. Shouldn't you hope they get in the tourney?

My feelings about UK are based on very personal experiences with UK athletics that I choose not to share here.

 

That aside I still don't think that on the court UK has earned an NCAA bid.

 

I'll let you in on a little dark secret of mine. Through my senior year in high school I was a diehard, bleed blue, UK fan. I was hoarse for three days after Rick Robey and company won the big dance. That was the last UK team I cheered for.

There's no reason why they wouldn't get in. You're just trying to stirring the pot.

 

 

You are very astute. An pot stirrer from way back.

 

Compared to some of the other schools that will get at -large bids, the Cats deserve the bid, but it will just mean more pain for UK fans. This low basketball IQ team are the Kings of Pain.I doubt very seriously if they would be winner or runner-up of the NIT. They just make way too many dumb decisions.

My feelings about UK are based on very personal experiences with UK athletics that I choose not to share here.

 

That aside I still don't think that on the court UK has earned an NCAA bid.

 

I'll let you in on a little dark secret of mine. Through my senior year in high school I was a diehard, bleed blue, UK fan. I was hoarse for three days after Rick Robey and company won the big dance. That was the last UK team I cheered for.

Who cares, Jack:p

Michigan is 21-11 (same record as KY), 53 in RPI, not sure about strength of schedule. 4 losses to the #1 team (3 to Ohio State and 1 to UCLA who was #1 at the time they played Michigan, I believe).

 

Signature wins were Michigan State, Indiana and Davidson.

 

But the analysts say that they are out of the tournament.

 

 

 

Sure wish UK had that SIGNATURE win against Davidson on their resume. :lol:

Please stop using the AP and Coaches Top 25 as a talking point. It's not being used behind the closed committee doors so those rankings are worthless in this discussion. 13 wins against the RPI Top 100 has them in on that alone...

I simply can't figure out the RPI. I can't figure out for the life of me why KY's RPI was higher than Florida's when they last played considering KY hadn't beat a ranked team all year and Florida slaughtered Ohio St. by 30.

Yes, as probably an 8 or 9 seed. That's what they deserve, but some folks like to hang their hat on the RPI, which may bump them up a spot.

Yes they deserve to get in, and yes they will get in.

I simply can't figure out the RPI. I can't figure out for the life of me why KY's RPI was higher than Florida's when they last played considering KY hadn't beat a ranked team all year and Florida slaughtered Ohio St. by 30.

Florida played SEVEN teams with a RPI over 200 while UK played 1. It's about the whole body of work and not just the flashy stats like top 25 and 50 wins the committee uses...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.