Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Does Kentucky DESERVE an NCAA slot?

Does Kentucky DESERVE an NCAA slot? 136 members have voted

  1. 1. Does Kentucky DESERVE an NCAA slot?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

All you need to know is in post 106... ;)

:thumb:

  • Replies 156
  • Views 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All you need to know is in post 106... ;)

Very good stuff in that post. Here is an opinion I can respect because despite not liking UK, it's unbiased.

Very good stuff in that post. Here is an opinion I can respect because despite not liking UK, it's unbiased.

While I like to have fun picking at you guys that body of work can't be looked over...

^ a team's RPI is not the system...

 

1 - record -vs- Top 25 RPI

2 - last ten

3 - record -vs- Top 50 RPI

4 - record -vs- Top 100 RPI

SOS is a big factor.

Georgia got in a few years ago with a 16-12 record, but had a #1 SOS.

With ZERO over ranked opponents...IMO, it's great they have the #1 SOS, but they didn't beat anybody they weren't supposed to...

UK lacks a sig win, but the whole "haven't beaten a ranked team" argument is invalid in the selection room.

I'll take where Louisville is at right now but if your season is built on a win in December then congratulations. Maybe they'll hang a banner in Rupp.

They'd have to make room for another banner. Probably more room in Freedom Hall:walk:

Once again, GT's insightful and cogent analysis is on the money...

Once again, GT's insightful and cogent analysis is on the money...

:thumb: Thats what i thought...

Once again, GT's insightful and cogent analysis is on the money...

Thanks. Sometimes I feel the need to set the record straight, even for the bad guys... ;):p

I'm going to bookmark this thread for future reference....GT defending UK...Never thought I'd see that one.:lol:

Thanks. Sometimes I feel the need to set the record straight, even for the bad guys... ;):p

:fight: :lol:

I'm going to bookmark this thread for future reference....GT defending UK...Never thought I'd see that one.:lol:

Has to be some kind of angle, or conspiracy :D

I'm fairly confident that he won't be rooting the Wildcats on in the tourney, but it is hard for GT and most of the rest of us - even those of us who aren't die-hard UK fans - to ignore 21 wins against a killer schedule.

I'm going to bookmark this thread for future reference....GT defending UK...Never thought I'd see that one.:lol:

I wouldn't call it defending UK. Remember I look at these numbers for the best way to pick at you guys. There's very little to call out looking at that schedule. Sure another top 25 win or two would be nice but they are very well deserving of a high RPI and #1 SOS. As you all know I've long been an advocate of playing the numbers from a schedule standpoint based on what you can control. I talked about it at length with the MVC last year and even their commissioner confirmed that it was a league wide effort to eliminate playing bad teams to get in better overall position. The opposite would be the response to those asking why Florida has such a low RPI and SOS. They played 7 teams over 200. With that roster there's no excuse for that IMO...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.