Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Does Kentucky DESERVE an NCAA slot?

Does Kentucky DESERVE an NCAA slot? 136 members have voted

  1. 1. Does Kentucky DESERVE an NCAA slot?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

They'd have to make room for another banner. Probably more room in Freedom Hall:walk:

Wow...so impressive....the bulk of your banners are before integrated basketball, and most of us were even born.

  • Replies 156
  • Views 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow...so impressive....the bulk of your banners are before integrated basketball, and most of us were even born.

3 out of 7. 78/96/98.:thumb:

I'm going to bookmark this thread for future reference....GT defending UK...Never thought I'd see that one.:lol:

You can say what you want about GT, but the one thing I get from him is, he's fair. And by the way, yes the Cats do deserve a NCAA bid.

Wow...so impressive....the bulk of your banners are before integrated basketball, and most of us were even born.

 

That's pretty weak. Most of UCLA's championships where before I was born so do they not count either? UK was slower than some programs to integrate but then again they played in the SEC where it wasn't necessarily a safe thing to do so. Actually, that would have been a handicap when playing in games against teams that were integrated.

 

That's what banners are there for to show your tradition. Go ahead, try and match any other program's tradition up against UK. They've won 7 titles with 4 different coaches, they have more wins than any team in college history. This is a program that has been elite for over 60 years. If you want to down UK for having titles in the 40s and 50s I guess you'd have to say Duke has a shocking lack of tradition since they have only won their first title 16 years ago.:rolleyes:

Wow...so impressive....the bulk of your banners are before integrated basketball, and most of us were even born.

I've seen three go up ad I'm not that old

I've seen three go up ad I'm not that old

Same with me for Duke :thumb:

If you want to down UK for having titles in the 40s and 50s I guess you'd have to say Duke has a shocking lack of tradition since they have only won their first title 16 years ago.:rolleyes:

UCLA should certianly count...they were playing and winning those championships when diversity ruled, like now...Call out Duke as not being a power, I certainly don't care...they have been the most dominant team in the land, in my life.

UCLA should certianly count...they were playing and winning those championships when diversity ruled, like now...Call out Duke as not being a power, I certainly don't care...they have been the most dominant team in the land, in my life.

 

I didn't say they weren't a power. You acted as though what UK has accomplished didn't mean anything. UK has been doing it for over 60 years with 4 different coaches and not matter what the social environment of the country. In the last 30 years UK and UNC have just as many titles as Duke and if you go back 32 years you could include IU in there as well. Duke has been one of the elite, but it isn't like they are really ahead of any of the other 3. Trumpet your final fours all you want but if you want to go by those then Michigan State has been the dominant team of the last 10 years. Duke has a fine program, but they aren't the best ever, no matter how you want to spin it.

I didn't say they weren't a power. You acted as though what UK has accomplished didn't mean anything. UK has been doing it for over 60 years with 4 different coaches and not matter what the social environment of the country. In the last 30 years UK and UNC have just as many titles as Duke and if you go back 32 years you could include IU in there as well. Duke has been one of the elite, but it isn't like they are really ahead of any of the other 3. Trumpet your final fours all you want but if you want to go by those then Michigan State has been the dominant team of the last 10 years. Duke has a fine program, but they aren't the best ever, no matter how you want to spin it.

 

 

:thumb: Duke's probably been the most dominant team since 91 or so, but the greatest program of all time has to go to UK.

I voted 'yes'... mostly because if UofL were in a similar situation I'd be ticked if they didn't get in. :lol:

 

Although both this thread and the replies are enough to provide a laugh for both UofL AND UK fans, I'd imagine (this UofL fan certainly laughed a little).

Duke has a fine program, but they aren't the best ever, no matter how you want to spin it.

I have never said that they are...but in my lifetime, and what I can REMEMBER....they are the most dominant :thumb:

I have never said that they are...but in my lifetime, and what I can REMEMBER....they are the most dominant :thumb:

You must be young. If you haven't seen the 78 championship game, you need to get a copy and watch it. BTW your team is playing in that one.:D

You must be young. If you haven't seen the 78 championship game, you need to get a copy and watch it. BTW your team is playing in that one.:D

I understand...and I was alive....BUT at 8 months old, I do not "remember" it.... :D

I have never said that they are...but in my lifetime, and what I can REMEMBER....they are the most dominant :thumb:
Dominant may be a bit strong.

 

Since UK won the 1978 national title...

 

NCAA Tourney wins

Duke - 72

North Carolina 68

Kentucky 57

Kansas 51

 

Elite Eight Appearances

North Carolina 13

Kentucky 12

Duke 12

Kansas 8

 

Final Fours

Duke 10

UNC 9

Kansas 6

 

National Titles

Duke 3

UNC 3

Several others with 2

 

 

I think the people in Chapel Hill could put up a decent arguement.

To UK fans... best way to delute this thread is to just not say anything...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.