First thoughts after Tubby's '98 Championship...

SouthernSportsFan

He lost in 1997 to an Arizona team that although they were good, played about 6 miles above their heads during the tournament. Any UK fan knows that if you have Derek Anderson you run with it.

IF IF IF! Im sure Tubby would like to use a few ifs also.I guess Pitinio is the only one who gets to use the Big If.;)

I was actually at the championship game in San Antonio and people were chanting TUB-BY TUB-BY after the victory. At that point people were excited and thought he would just continue what Pitino had started.

IT has changed now because after almost 10 years he has not continued in the "style" of the first year(Im not saying winning the national championship every year). Also it was also one of the last years they played wide open and were fun to watch

I was actually at the championship game in San Antonio and people were chanting TUB-BY TUB-BY after the victory. At that point people were excited and thought he would just continue what Pitino had started.

IT has changed now because after almost 10 years he has not continued in the "style" of the first year(Im not saying winning the national championship every year). Also it was also one of the last years they played wide open and were fun to watch

The style of play has not changed, just the efficiency at which they play it. When they(or anyone else like Michigan State) play that style with efficiency, they will bee sucessful. Every Elite 8 team was efficient, when UK is not efficient, they are not as sucessful. That curl play that Bobby Perry scored a few times last night, is the same play Bogans used, the same that Jeff Shepard used.

Wasn't that Tubby on the sidelines down by 17 to dUKe in the regional finals with 9 minutes to go? I believe it was!!

Um what is your point here? Are you defeding Tubby or bashing? Because yeah they were down 17 to a with much more talent than UK, but Tubby was able to get his team to win, unlike Pitino was when he played Duke in the elite eight...:sssh:

He lost in 1997 to an Arizona team that although they were good, played about 6 miles above their heads during the tournament. Any UK fan knows that if you have Derek Anderson you run with it.

First of all that is true, if we have D.A. we probably do win in 1997 but whos decision was it to not play him? That is right it was Pitino! Also you talk about Arizona playing over their heads, but what do you think that Utah team that we beat in 98 did. I mean that Utah team blew out the EXACT same team in Arizona that beat Pitino in 97. Then they blew out a UNC team in the final four that had Vince Carter and Jamison on it! So that Utah team was playing over their heads, and well Tubby was able to beat them. So nice excuse though...:rolleyes:

First of all that is true, if we have D.A. we probably do win in 1997 but whos decision was it to not play him? That is right it was Pitino! Also you talk about Arizona playing over their heads, but what do you think that Utah team that we beat in 98 did. I mean that Utah team blew out the EXACT same team in Arizona that beat Pitino in 97. Then they blew out a UNC team in the final four that had Vince Carter and Jamison on it! So that Utah team was playing over their heads, and well Tubby was able to beat them. So nice excuse though...:rolleyes:

:thumb:

Um what is your point here? Are you defeding Tubby or bashing? Because yeah they were down 17 to a with much more talent than UK, but Tubby was able to get his team to win, unlike Pitino was when he played Duke in the elite eight...:sssh:

You made my point