Would Bruce Pearl....

gamer31

I LOVE him, but he's not a UK kinda guy.

Bruce Pearl is very nuevo-riche type personality. He's great at a school without a ton of heritage, but UK is very aristocratic, and needs a coach as such.

I think maybe its time to go away from that, times have changed and UK needs to learn that. I think there is a chance we could get on some probabtion trouble under Pearl, and that would be the reason I wouldn't want him. But if I knew we wouldn't get into any trouble I would LOVE TO HAVE HIM! I mean we already got fans who love UK basketball more than any other fans, just imagine how exciting it would be to have him who would always keep the fans fired up and entertained....

Where the crap is all this coming from? Has he been in trouble before that I'm unaware of? Please tell me.

Well I not exactly sure what it was, but I think there was something. And just by the type of character Pearl is, and with the way UK boosters are. I really could see a situation where he might take money from them to give to recruits. Which could once again land us on probabtion. But if it wasn't for any of this stuff, Bruce Pearl would move up to the top of my list if Tubby did leave...

BTW, I'm not just calling you out. It seems many have this perception that he's dirty, and I don't get it.

Honestly I am just going by what I have heard from everyone else. Because I really haven't actually seen anything to where he would be dirty, and I think he would be a great coach to have. I mean he is pretty much a coach kids dream about having. He plays that fast pace style, and he really tries to make it a fun environment and entertaining place. I mean he even went out there in the student section for that one game with his players. What players wouldn't love having a coach do all this stuff. So I know when it comes to all that stuff I would absolutely LOVE to have him, as long as nothing bad could come out of it...

Refresh my memory about Smith please... Long day.

UT commit that wanted out when Pearl was hired (Buzz recruit and that fueled the flame of Buzz to the UK staff at this time last year). They denied the request out of the LOI and forced him to Prep. In doing so, they also took a transfer from UMW joining Pearl to take his vacated spot. A bunch of nastyness involved in Pearl taking the UT job. Good for him it's worked out so far...

Expanding on what mobaar said, the students and the guys in the nosebleeds would love him as he would be their kind of guy as far as getting people involved and such. He wouldnt fit in with the guys with the money and blue hairs in the lower arena. He could bring some excitement to the program, but I dont know if thats what the money guys want, thus it probably wouldnt happen.