West Carter 64 Elliott Co 43

West won as expected, but I think Elliott's coaches and players have earned some respect this year. I am amazed by the improvement over last season. mThey really came out strong and took it to West early in the game and kept in striking distance for most of the game. Elliott's coaches deserve recognition for the difference they are making in that program.

West won as expected, but I think Elliott's coaches and players have earned some respect this year. I am amazed by the improvement over last season. mThey really came out strong and took it to West early in the game and kept in striking distance for most of the game. Elliott's coaches deserve recognition for the difference they are making in that program.

I agree with you Bogey that the coaches have done a tremendous job and Elliott played well for about 3 quarters last night. I do have one gripe, not necessarily with just Elliott but teams in general. With a little over a minute to go, West is up by 18 points and for the remainder of the game, Elliott Co fouls the rest of the way to stop the clock and put West on the line. My question is: if you score 45 points or so in the first 31 minutes of a game, what makes one think they are going to score 18 in the last minute? I mean, I understand that you never give up until the horn sounds, but when the game is out of reach, get it over, dribble out the clock!

I agree with you Bogey that the coaches have done a tremendous job and Elliott played well for about 3 quarters last night. I do have one gripe, not necessarily with just Elliott but teams in general. With a little over a minute to go, West is up by 18 points and for the remainder of the game, Elliott Co fouls the rest of the way to stop the clock and put West on the line. My question is: if you score 45 points or so in the first 31 minutes of a game, what makes one think they are going to score 18 in the last minute? I mean, I understand that you never give up until the horn sounds, but when the game is out of reach, get it over, dribble out the clock!

Reminds me of a story that I heard Pistol Pete tell about himself while playing at LSU, he said there were 4 seconds left in the game his team was down by 3, he drives and scores and the whistle blows and he is called for a charge, no basket. The ref tells him to give the ball to him and Pete knowing the game is basically over said, NO, the ref says give the ball to me or I will call a Techncial, Pete still says, NO. The ref blows the whistle and Tees him up, The ref says hand me the ball or get it again, Pete says more emphatically, NO, Ref tees him up again and this time he screams at Pete, give me the ball or else, or else what says Pete and then Pete faked a pass to him and the Ref fell over a chair that was near the bleachers. I thought that was great but if a kid did that today they would be banned from playing.