Tubby rips, roars after Cats' loss

buckman41ss

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

UK's problems this season comes down to fundamentals or lack thereof. Yes the players must execute them and when they don't it is the coaching staff's responsibility to practice/punish them until they do or get someone else off of the bench that will.

UK's problems this season comes down to fundamentals or lack thereof. Yes the players must execute them and when they don't it is the coaching staff's responsibility to practice/punish them until they do or get someone else off of the bench that will.

That would seem to explain some of the questionable lineups for which Tubby gets ripped. The problem with this group is that the ones who should be the leaders are the most immature ones on the team.

The "burger boy" argument has no merit. I suppose his 03 class and 05 class has been more productive?

I have been critical of Smith but yesterday I almost felt sorry from him. I have to say that as I watch I realized that it isn't him that I don't like it is the players. Morris is my least favorite UK player of all time followed closely by Bradley and Crawford. I still think a change would be best for all involved but I couldn't help feeling a little sympathy for Smith.

The "burger boy" argument has no merit. I suppose his 03 class and 05 class has been more productive?

I have been critical of Smith but yesterday I almost felt sorry from him. I have to say that as I watch I realized that it isn't him that I don't like it is the players. Morris is my least favorite UK player of all time followed closely by Bradley and Crawford. I still think a change would be best for all involved but I couldn't help feeling a little sympathy for Smith.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Let me explain. The 04 class is full of all americans and they stink. The 05 and 03 classes are full of turds and they stink. So it doesn't seem to matter who signs they end up stinking.

I guess I should say I felt sorry for Donna Smith. The stress on her face was evident yesterday. I thought her husband coached his heart out yesterday, he is a quality man, and obviously knows the game of basketball but the time has come for him to move on. It would be best for Smith, his family, and the UK basketball program.

When Tubby got Carruth everyone praised him for getting a McDonalds AA. After that fiasco he started recruiting high character kids (Hayes Daniels, Fitch, etc) and everyone moaned about not getting McDonalds AA's. Then comes Rondo, Morris and Crawford. These guys have been good at times but never great. NO HEART. Bradly plays with alot of heart but almost no brains. Everything that was old is new again. I think Tubby's biggest flaw may be listening to his detractors.

I believe Daniels and Fitch each had some character issues while at UK. Fake ID's, fighting on the team plane, etc. They did play hard however, which is more than I can say for Morris.

;) Perry just summed up his sorry career at UK, if he had 1/10 the heart of Rudagaer he could've been all conference.;)

"This is the toughest loss of the year," Perry said. "Knowing that we could take sole possession of second place in the SEC East"

I believe Daniels and Fitch each had some character issues while at UK. Fake ID's, fighting on the team plane, etc. They did play hard however, which is more than I can say for Morris.

90 % of the UK campus has fake IDs. I would say almost every team has fights between players who may not be the best of friends. The difference between them(Daniels and Fitch) and this group (Morris, Crawford and Bradley) is the Daniels and Fitch group put personal differences aside and played as a team. This is definitely a me group. When it gets to crunch time they all want to be "the man" instead of worrying about the betterment of the team.

I honestly don't think they (Morris, Crawford and Bradley) would have the heart to get in a fight. That would take effort.

90 % of the UK campus has fake IDs. I would say almost every team has fights between players who may not be the best of friends. The difference between them(Daniels and Fitch) and this group (Morris, Crawford and Bradley) is the Daniels and Fitch group put personal differences aside and played as a team. This is definitely a me group. When it gets to crunch time they all want to be "the man" instead of worrying about the betterment of the team.

I honestly don't think they (Morris, Crawford and Bradley) would have the heart to get in a fight. That would take effort.

I have to disagree on Bradley. He would have the heart to fight, but he would more than likely pick the wrong time or the wrong person.

You absolutely can't put Bradley in the same group as Crawford and Morris. Lazy players vs. a player with alot of heart. Bradley is frustrating to watch sometimes but he doesn't begin to touch the level of laziness of Crawford/Morris.