9 hole courses

Believe it or not I've never played it.

Hole number 4, you get on the tee box and say, "You have got to be kidding me."

Lots of trees so a premium on hitting the ball straight. Some holes you have to put the driver back in the bag and look to hit the fairway. You don't and you are penalized in trying to hit a second shot.

You have time to play and you can search the woods and easily take home 30 balls that you didn't go with. Whenever my kids golf bag gets low on balls, we go play a "leisurely" round at Kincaid. That fixes them for awhile. :D

Hole number 4, you get on the tee box and say, "You have got to be kidding me."

Lots of trees so a premium on hitting the ball straight. Some holes you have to put the driver back in the bag and look to hit the fairway. You don't and you are penalized in trying to hit a second shot.

You have time to play and you can search the woods and easily take home 30 balls that you didn't go with. Whenever my kids golf bag gets low on balls, we go play a "leisurely" round at Kincaid. That fixes them for awhile. :D

I'm long not straight. I've drove 9 at Pendleton from the gold tees. However, I've also hit them off the clubhouse!!! I'd have to hit a lot of 5 irons if it's tight, but I tend to play better coming off the tee with an iron.

I'm long not straight. I've drove 9 at Pendleton from the gold tees. However, I've also hit them off the clubhouse!!! I'd have to hit a lot of 5 irons if it's tight, but I tend to play better coming off the tee with an iron.

#1 you can go driver as long as it doesn't fade on you into the creek on the right.

#2 is a par 4 by the road and it is enticing. You can drive the green. You don't hit green and you are in trouble. Creek 20 feet on right. Woods and sand bunker right off the green on the left. Sand bunker short right. Landing area right in front of the green to roll it up on the green is only about 20 yards wide. Behind green is tall grass and then road.

#3 you can use driver but DON'T aim for the middle of the fairway, aim for the cart path. Fairway slopes downhill and you hit middle of fairway and it will roll way down hill giving you a tough 2nd shot.

#4 you can use, driver on your first two shots AND STILL might need a 7 iron for the approach shot. You start on one hill and have to hit to the top of the next hill. Long drive puts you in a valley on the bottom of the hill. 2nd shot is up the hill. You have two landing areas on the way up the hill. Sand bunkers surround the green on top of the hill. One of those you have got to be kidding me holes. You hit OUT OF THE fairway on any of your first two shots and you are either in woods or in tall grass and severely penalized.

You learn to play this hole with not going for the top of the hill on the second but just playing landing area to landing area. Take a bogey and be happy.

#5 par 3. Anything short or long and you have a blind wedge shot. If the put the hole in the fat of the green, you can get it close. They put it behind the bunker and it is very difficult to get it close. Small area there right over a bunker and a hill behind. I go for the fat of the green everytime and look for a 2-putt.

#6 is an easy hole. Easy drive and 2nd shot is down hill so even something short runs onto the green.

#7 is considered the hardest hole on the course. Long drive. Then LONG 2nd shot downhill into green. Have to carry a creek just short of the green. If you are long and have a fade to your drive, hole plays perfect for you. That is me and I have good success on this hole.

#8 is an easy par 3. Don't miss it right.

#9 is a long straight finishing hole. Hole on certain places on the green, though and it is a very hard putting hole. We practiced putting on this hole last year before we played regionals at Montgomery County. Lots of slopes and hard spots to stop the ball at the hole. You can barely touch a 3-foot putt and end up 6 feet past it.

Nice challenging course. View is unbelievable. Fall time it is an absolutely wonderful place to play.

My family is going to bet a family membership there. About $900 for everyone. Junior members was only $175. Individual was around $400. Much lower costs than the country club.

My family is going to bet a family membership there. About $900 for everyone. Junior members was only $175. Individual was around $400. Much lower costs than the country club.

I was thinking about joining Kenton County, but I think my friend Dave and I are going to use the American Lung Association books as much as possible.

There aren't many good 9 hole courses around anymore. Two decent ones that I can think of are Fleming Co. and Cynthiana CC. Cynthiana is very nice now that they put bermuda in. Fleming Co's greens used to be some of the best in the state. I haven't played there since 1995 so I'm not sure if they are still nice or not.

We're opening our new 9 hole course, Sag Hollow, in Booneville (Owsley County) May 1st.

It's a challenging, and very scenic course.

www.saghollow.com

I like to invite my BGP fellow members, and their friends, to come play, and see what you think.

Hole 1, Par 4--Nickname: "Game On".Gold 438, Blue 426, White 354. There's a deep bunker in the middle of the fairway. Get in it and the only way out is to the left, right, or backwards. The second shot is across a lake into a huge green that is 120 feet wide and 90 feet deep.

Hole 2, Par 4--Nickname: "Bank Shot".Gold 484, Blue 437, White 385. The tee shot is across the right corner of a pond into a sloping fairway. The green is guarded by a bunker to the left, and a small pond directly behind. Also another large green, around 6500 square feet.

Hole 3, Par 3--Nickname: "Sag Hole". Gold 157, Blue 150, White 140. The tee curves like a boomarang. An elevated shot with a 100 foot drop. Buck Creek runs directly behind the green, so don't be long!

Hole 4, Par 5--Nickname: "Road Hole". Gold 525, Blue 486, White 382. This par 5 is a slight dogleg left with Buck Creek running up the entire right side. If you're a righty who slices, then this is hole could be challenging. The green is protected by 2 bunkers.

Hole 5, Par 4--Nickname: Baker's Well Hole". Gold 332, Blue 308, White 236. This hole is short, but it is an unhill tee shot, and the second shot is to a large elevated green protected by a huge bunker on the front side. The fairway is a dogleg, but long hitters may try to cut the dogleg and go for it, if they're not worried about the bunker. The hole is named after one time owners of the land, the Baker family.

Hole 6, Par 3--Nickname: "Big Foot". Gold 246, Blue 235, White, 219. This is a long par 3 but the tee is 100 feet above the green, so it won't play as long as listed. It's name is from the shape of the green. Buck Creek is to the left, so any wayward shot in that direction could be in trouble.

Hole 7, Par 4--Nickname: "Wasteland". Gold 442, Blue 422, White 395. This is one of the more scenic holes on the course. An elevated tee shot into a wide fairway with a large waste bunker (thus, the nickname) running up the right side. The second shot is into a large green sitting directly behind Buck Creek. There's also a large rock in the middle of the fairway called 'Trinity's Rock".

Hole 8, Par 4--Nickname: "Piney Hole". Gold 314, Blue 280, White 261. This is a short par 4, but be careful. A small creek is located about 75 yards in front of the tees, and Buck Creek runs all the way up the right side of the fairway and curves in front of the green. So, long hitters who want to attempt to drive the green had better hit it well over 300 yards, or they'll be fishing for their ball in Buck Creek. The hole gets it's name from a deep hole of water located close by where people have gone swimming for many years.

Hole 9, Par 5--Nickname: "The View". Gold 527, Blue 511, White 413. The tee shot is elevated and the highest point on the course. The view is absolutely beautiful, which is how it got it's name. The tee shot is over a large 3 acre pond, but shouldn't be a problem due to the elevation. A wayward shot to the right could land you in a second pond. The large green is protected by bunkers and a small pond directly behind it. The new clubhouse, presently under construction, will sit behind this green on a small mound, and people will be able to sit on the deck and watch golfers coming into this hole, as well as the number 2 hole.

Total distance for 18 holes: Gold 6,930, Blue 6,510, White 5,570.

Other features:

*Irrigated Riviera Bermuda fairways and bent grass greens and tees.

*Driving range

*Concrete cartpaths

*Rental carts

*Twelve white sand bunkers.

Sag Hollow is built on an escarpment topography, with five holes located in a bottom with Buck Creek winding through it, and the other four holes 100 feet above the creek bottom.

Fees: Weekdays, 18 holes with a cart $21. Weekends $28.

....I like to invite my BGP fellow members, and their friends, to come play, and see what you think.....I'm buying the first round for Strike3...:sssh:
I appreciate and accept the offer, TP and just let me know when....

By the way, I did modify your original quote.

:D