9 hole courses

#1 you can go driver as long as it doesn't fade on you into the creek on the right.

#2 is a par 4 by the road and it is enticing. You can drive the green. You don't hit green and you are in trouble. Creek 20 feet on right. Woods and sand bunker right off the green on the left. Sand bunker short right. Landing area right in front of the green to roll it up on the green is only about 20 yards wide. Behind green is tall grass and then road.

#3 you can use driver but DON'T aim for the middle of the fairway, aim for the cart path. Fairway slopes downhill and you hit middle of fairway and it will roll way down hill giving you a tough 2nd shot.

#4 you can use, driver on your first two shots AND STILL might need a 7 iron for the approach shot. You start on one hill and have to hit to the top of the next hill. Long drive puts you in a valley on the bottom of the hill. 2nd shot is up the hill. You have two landing areas on the way up the hill. Sand bunkers surround the green on top of the hill. One of those you have got to be kidding me holes. You hit OUT OF THE fairway on any of your first two shots and you are either in woods or in tall grass and severely penalized.

You learn to play this hole with not going for the top of the hill on the second but just playing landing area to landing area. Take a bogey and be happy.

#5 par 3. Anything short or long and you have a blind wedge shot. If the put the hole in the fat of the green, you can get it close. They put it behind the bunker and it is very difficult to get it close. Small area there right over a bunker and a hill behind. I go for the fat of the green everytime and look for a 2-putt.

#6 is an easy hole. Easy drive and 2nd shot is down hill so even something short runs onto the green.

#7 is considered the hardest hole on the course. Long drive. Then LONG 2nd shot downhill into green. Have to carry a creek just short of the green. If you are long and have a fade to your drive, hole plays perfect for you. That is me and I have good success on this hole.

#8 is an easy par 3. Don't miss it right.

#9 is a long straight finishing hole. Hole on certain places on the green, though and it is a very hard putting hole. We practiced putting on this hole last year before we played regionals at Montgomery County. Lots of slopes and hard spots to stop the ball at the hole. You can barely touch a 3-foot putt and end up 6 feet past it.

Nice challenging course. View is unbelievable. Fall time it is an absolutely wonderful place to play.

My family is going to bet a family membership there. About $900 for everyone. Junior members was only $175. Individual was around $400. Much lower costs than the country club.

It was certainly frustrating the 1st time around. You learn from the mistakes , like going for the top of the hill on #4.. hey LBBC, have you found any with SP on them?

I may try to make it down for the invitational if you have it P, depending on my status and work at the time. Just let me know. Are you going to go back and play in the Mtn. Laurel this year? That is another one I may do depending on my status and work. Who is going to be the pro at Sag?

The only 9 hole courses I have played in KY are the old course at Pine Mountain, the course up in Cumberland before the redesign-Sleepy Hollow I believe, Sweet Hollow in Corbin, Harlan Country Club, Tri-County in Corbin, The Golf Course in Williamsburg, whatever the name of the course in Manchester is, and Middlesboro Country Club. Most of these were in golf tournaments in high school, before I got very good at golf and could really appreciate any of them. I will say Harlan is an enjoyable course, seems like the Manchester course was in good shape when I was there like 8 years ago, and Middlesboro puts on a good invitational despite the course.

I may try to make it down for the invitational if you have it P, depending on my status and work at the time. Just let me know. Are you going to go back and play in the Mtn. Laurel this year? That is another one I may do depending on my status and work. Who is going to be the pro at Sag?

The only 9 hole courses I have played in KY are the old course at Pine Mountain, the course up in Cumberland before the redesign-Sleepy Hollow I believe, Sweet Hollow in Corbin, Harlan Country Club, Tri-County in Corbin, The Golf Course in Williamsburg, whatever the name of the course in Manchester is, and Middlesboro Country Club. Most of these were in golf tournaments in high school, before I got very good at golf and could really appreciate any of them. I will say Harlan is an enjoyable course, seems like the Manchester course was in good shape when I was there like 8 years ago, and Middlesboro puts on a good invitational despite the course.

I may play in the Mountain Laurel, if I'm not too busy helping get things off to a good start at Sag Hollow. May will be a very important month for us.

Eric Mason will be the pro. He is a former golfer at our high school and all Sunbelt Conference player (3 years) atWestern Kentucky U, and a two time Kentucky state am champion. He also played on some of the pro qualifing tours down south for a couple of years, I think maybe the Hooter's. I know he played with Bubba Watson, Weeks, and some of the others on tour right now. And when he was in high school in lost in a US national Jr. Am to Charles Howell III in match play in Arizona. The match went to the 20th hole before Howell finally won. So Eric knows the game and should do okay in the position.

I may play in the Mountain Laurel, if I'm not too busy helping get things off to a good start at Sag Hollow. May will be a very important month for us.

Eric Mason will be the pro. He is a former golfer at our high school and all Sunbelt Conference player (3 years) atWestern Kentucky U, and a two time Kentucky state am champion. He also played on some of the pro qualifing tours down south for a couple of years, I think maybe the Hooter's. I know he played with Bubba Watson, Weeks, and some of the others on tour right now. And when he was in high school in lost in a US national Jr. Am to Charles Howell III in match play in Arizona. The match went to the 20th hole before Howell finally won. So Eric knows the game and should do okay in the position.

Does he have his class A?