Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elder (OH) 40 Highlands 16

Featured Replies

Final per the Elder broadcasting network.

  • Replies 58
  • Views 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Brennan_Bucher
    Brennan_Bucher

    That Elder team is one of the best high school teams I’ve seen play in a while.  Reminds me a lot of the early 2010s highlands teams with Pat Towels at the helm. Aggressive gameplay, and few mist

  • BlueBloodedColonel
    BlueBloodedColonel

    Highlands will be fine. 

  • No shame in losing to a very good Elder team. Birds are fine. On to the next challenge. 6-2 with this schedule at this point in the season, we’ll take it! Go Birds!

Posted Images

Welcome to the Pit. 

Elder is rolling this year. #1 is the of Ohio!

Welcome to the Pit Highlands. Enjoy the trip back to Ft Thomas. That’s what we call a good old fashion butt whipping. 

2 minutes ago, BlueBloodedColonel said:

Highlands will be fine. 

Against KY competition…..yes they will be fine. They just stick to that. 

Goodness…

  • Author
2 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Goodness…

Elder is really, really good.

I am glad to see Elder making noise again. Makes the GCL more exciting.

 No shame in losing to a very good Elder team. Birds are fine. On to the next challenge. 6-2 with this schedule at this point in the season, we’ll take it! Go Birds!

Just as I thought it would end up. As stated earlier, HHS will be just fine in KY. It’s just a different level of play when most KY teams cross that river. 
 

Nothing to hang their heads about, they won’t face a team of that caliber the remainder of the year. Won’t be surprised if both teams bring home trophies this year. 

That Elder team is one of the best high school teams I’ve seen play in a while. 

Reminds me a lot of the early 2010s highlands teams with Pat Towels at the helm. Aggressive gameplay, and few mistakes. My word, elder played clean and fast.

But, as a few have said in this thread…OH ball is just different. Highlands played them pretty ok, but that’s not who the Birds are competing with in all reality. It’s a good tune up and potential gut check for KY competition. 

It was a pleasure to be back, and enjoyed being with the 295 that tuned in.

Looking ahead, my schedule says the next time I’ll be back for sure in the 859 is…state weekend ?

Elder is very good. Hats off to them, excited to see how their year turns out. 

As for the Birds, I come away disappointed. Did I expect a win? Probably not. But, I left The Pit tonight feeling dissatisfied with the play calling (again) as we ran the ball effectively and just stopped cold turkey to throw. When we did throw, there were some impressive catches tonight I must give the Bird WR corps some credit! But this D is too good to drop back & think you’ll pick them apart. 

Elder won’t often let you feel good about much after playing them though so I guess I’m in the same boat as most fans & teams this year they’ve played. 

Luckily, a feel good game next week vs Mason Co will set them on the right track for Scott Co the following.

Elder is a monster this year. And I agree about it making the GCL and Cincinnati high school football more interesting when they are really good.

Not gonna say I wasn’t expecting this, wish highlands could’ve kept it closer but Ohio football is just different, especially elder this yr. With that being said highlands is coming off a huge win vs cov cath who is gonna make a state run and they look pretty damn good in every other game this season. They’ll be more than fine vs ky teams coming up.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.