Everything posted by PawPrints
-
Highlands 38 Covington Catholic 20
Poll currently sits at 82-29 in Birds favor! Wow!
-
Highlands 41 Boyle County 21
If, by some chance of the imagination, the overruling were to occur, when would that happen? We're almost 48 hours before kickoff. I'm not expecting any change in the decision but I imagine it would be by end of day today?
-
Is Highlands' Coach Sphire in a do or die situation?
I expect to see some more of this in the Wildcat moving forward. The usage of Lorenzen needs to be figured out. IMO he is not utilized correctly by placing him at RB. Needs to be back at TE/WR and QB for Wildcat. Kremer has shown he can tote the rock and it makes it tougher on defenses when he's moving around the field/in open space.
- BGP Pick 5 Contest (Week 2)
-
Frederick Douglass 41 Highlands 20
I’m just as much a believer in Armstrong as any. His physical tools were clearly on display at times. However… You can’t make the “he’s a sophomore” excuse. Coaches chose him to QB & lead a state favorite team and he will have to be held to that standard - not his class. I have no doubt he will get better & learn from this game but he and the rest of the team - in several facets - will need to improve if they want to have a chance to win it all this year. Go Birds
-
Frederick Douglass 41 Highlands 20
Noticed that Kremer is also starting at LB tonight. Defense needs to force some TO’s this half!
- BGP Pick 5 Contest (Week 1)
-
Covington Catholic 50 Ryle 6
I predict a running clock. CovCath by a lot.
-
2026 Highlands Bluebirds
I’m trending towards feeling better about the OL after the scrimmages. Ryle has a decent front but Highlands had Kremer & Lorenzen running for 7-8 yards most carries. Those two, by the way, are going to punish defenses. Then you add Armstrong dynamic play and boy, they’re gonna be fun to watch!
-
2026 Conner Cougars
Choosing CCH to scrimmage is certainly a choice.. Can’t imagine the Cougars got much out of that.
-
2026 Conner Cougars
Did the Cougars have a scrimmage yet? Any updates on how the team is looking thus far under Coach Floyd?
-
2026 Covington Catholic Colonels
That is correct. Ryle also has two scrimmages - Beechwood on Friday & Highlands next Tuesday.
-
2026 Ryle Raiders
Yes. Followed by at Highlands on Tuesday.
-
2026 Ryle Raiders
I heard this today as well. Every conversation I’ve had about the team this year speaks of their youth - especially led by a sophomore QB. Brody, brother of former DL Dylan Smith, was the freshman QB last year. Anybody have any insight on his game?
-
7-On-7: 2026 Edition
As my Dad used to say.. The “all-shorts team” looks great in summer until you put the pads on!
-
7-On-7: 2026 Edition
Lorenzen did not play today. Goes to show how much talent the Birds have on the field besides him.
-
Board Drills - (NFHS/SMAC) and Commissioner Tackett recommend elimination
I was told St. Elizabeth athletic trainers at NKY schools were given this guidance by their medical director as it was passed on from NFHS & then KHSAA (who essentially just copied the NFHS for their own). The way I understand it, the athletic trainers, coaches, AD’s, etc are all supposed to (maybe encouraged is the right word?) follow these guidelines. Now, as we have all pointed out, there are clear ‘gaps’ in the wording which some coaches very well may take advantage of and do as they please. Whether intentional or not, the wording from Tackett allows self-interpretation which is why this is so unclear. But from the concussion/sport safety side of things, they’ve been told of the risks associated with these drills and are hoping for collaboration with coaches & AD’s to follow the guidelines to keep the players safe.
-
Board Drills - (NFHS/SMAC) and Commissioner Tackett recommend elimination
The wording and specific dialogue that you’re referring to is a completely valid point. It was the first thing that I brought up to my sources when I read it. However, as I understand it now and am told, this is going into effect for all NKY schools as a hard rule - not guidance. These will be eliminated from use.
-
2026 Highlands Bluebirds
Looks like lots of Birds putting out their camp schedules today! These two are going to be dynamic this season. Some great universities on their lists to impress this summer and season. Good luck!
-
2026 Ryle Raiders
I’ve been hearing that there’s some underclassman that have been performing well in offseason & spring ball. With what most would consider the exodus of a lot of talent with last years class, it’s time to find out how quick the Raiders can reload.
-
Conner's Coach
It was in fact not an emergency. Although one could think that was the case given all of the yelling that took place..
-
2026 Highlands Bluebirds
I’ve heard the Bluebirds have had a slew of college coaches hanging out at practices the last two weeks. With the Benke bro’s, Lorenzen Miami OH commitment, up & coming QB Armstrong, standout JR to be RB/LB Kremer and several others, there’s some buzz in Ft Thomas in regards to college ball. I know several have been taking unofficial visits & meetings. Happy for those kids & all who get to be apart of the experience. Spring Game on Friday! Anybody have a time?
-
2026 Cooper Jaguars
I’d say the news today sure changes the outlook for the Jags this season. Coach Borchers has resigned.
-
2026 Highlands Bluebirds
Bryce Armstrong (So)
-
2026 Highlands Bluebirds
Yes, it is. Someone with more knowledge on the topic can enlighten me on how it’s usually worked out but I really like the order of the schedule for Highlands. With some inexperienced guys as we’ve all mentioned, you get Cooper & CC in the first 3 games which is helpful. Saving some juggernauts like CCH, Elder, and Scott County for 3 of your last 4 where hopefully you’ve worked out your kinks and gotten some snaps under guys’ belts.