Skip to content

Elder (OH) 30 Highlands 27

Ohio vs Kentucky 87 members have voted

  1. 1. Who you have?

    • Highlands Bluebirds
      33%
    • Elder Panthers
      66%

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 10/09/2026 at 06:45 PM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

The wounded Panthers limp across the river for a showdown with #1 4A Bluebirds of Highlands

Kickoff: 7pm

Highlands: They are currently doing everything right! Continuing to roll and having great game plans with 6 straight wins after their opening loss of the season against Frederick Douglass.

Elder: is searching for a win after 2 hard fought losses against Cincinnati St X and Moeller after starting the season a perfect 5-0.

These 2 teams both have played Cov Cath this season. Elder winning that game 56-20 & Highlands winning last night 38-20.

Series history: Elder owns an 8-1 record against Highlands. The first meeting was 1999, last meeting was last year. The lone Highlands win was in 2011 when Highlands went to the Pit and came out with a 34-29 win.

Streaming? There has been some discussion to make this game a "pay per view' live stream for a nice profit stream for this much anticipated battle. More to come on that. I have to imagine old Mark Wehry at 859sportradio is chopping at the bit to get on top of the Press Box to do this game.

Who you have? I feel like this is going to be a 1 score difference game, could come down to who has the ball last.


Highlands vs. Elder Card - 2026.jpg

  • Replies 147
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • 10/09/2026 - (859) Sports Radio - Elder Panthers at Highlands Bluebirds - Football

  • BlueBloodedColonel
    BlueBloodedColonel

    What a game. Great game from the Bluebirds. Players and coaches had a heck of a game. This Elder team looked rattled most of the night IMO. Looked like a different team than in Week 2 versus CCH. Cred

  • Voice of Reason
    Voice of Reason

    We are about to find out how good Highlands is.

Posted Images

What a great game at this point in the season. I'll take the boys from the Bluegrass, at home.

Birds- 35

Panthers- 24

16 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

We are about to find out how good Highlands is.

I agree. And after two losses I would say this is a must win game for Elder.

This game has enormous implications for Elder. I would love it if Highlands wins, but I think Elder will be too much. I do believe that this could be a really good game.

1 hour ago, theguru said:

I agree. And after two losses I would say this is a must win game for Elder.

I think Elders weaknesses have been exposed back to back weeks by two teams that Highlands could beat. Especially St. X (OH).

I'll go with Elder just because hard to go against GCL South teams especially ones not La Salle.

A lot of times in these games the top end of talent is there to compete for a half of football and then the depth begins to wear and tear on teams. I thought two years ago in the Ryle vs Trinity game this showed as well in Highlands season opener against Frederick D. This season. With so many two way guys it's a tall task to match that level of intensity and freshness for the entirety of the game. With that said it can be done but you have to do your best to slow the game down and get time of the clock in my opinion . If you get into a high scoring affair and don't take your time between snaps , that depth will really start take its toll. If Highlands can effectively run the ball things can go their way . Elder is just Really good ....

On 10/3/2026 at 1:55 PM, FrankNicodemus said:

The wounded Panthers limp across the river for a showdown with #1 4A Bluebirds of Highlands

Kickoff: 7pm

Highlands: They are currently doing everything right! Continuing to roll and having great game plans with 6 straight wins after their opening loss of the season against Frederick Douglass.

Elder: is searching for a win after 2 hard fought losses against Cincinnati St X and Moeller after starting the season a perfect 5-0.

These 2 teams both have played Cov Cath this season. Elder winning that game 56-20 & Highlands winning last night 38-20.

Series history: Elder owns an 8-1 record against Highlands. The first meeting was 1999, last meeting was last year. The lone Highlands win was in 2011 when Highlands went to the Pit and came out with a 34-29 win.

Streaming? There has been some discussion to make this game a "pay per view' live stream for a nice profit stream for this much anticipated battle. More to come on that. I have to imagine old Mark Wehry at 859sportradio is chopping at the bit to get on top of the Press Box to do this game.

Who you have? I feel like this is going to be a 1 score difference game, could come down to who has the ball last.

From my knowledge, I don't believe that (859)radio will be at the game....and HHS might be charging for this one. Similar to the setup in the playoffs last year.

I don't know this for 100% just yet, so I'll pass along once I hear for sure. This is one I'll gladly pay for.

If things go Highlands way and they play like they did against Boyle / Cov Cath this one should be close at least in the first half.

My biased prediction is Highlands has the lead at half. Then Elder comes back in the second half and has a one score lead setting up a legendary final scoring drive to win it for the Birds.

Elder 34

Highlands 37

The 2000 win will always have an asterisk. Highlands got robbed.

Recently Browsing 1

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.