Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elder (OH) 30 Highlands 27

Ohio vs Kentucky 87 members have voted

  1. 1. Who you have?

    • Highlands Bluebirds
      33%
    • Elder Panthers
      66%

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 10/09/2026 at 10:45 PM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

8 hours ago, theguru said:

I agree, this is a moral victory for Highlands.

I am not sure what a “moral victory” is. Usually thought it was a loss when you were completely overmatched and fought valiantly but still came up short. Didn’t think the “over matched” would be all that accurate.

  • Replies 149
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • 10/09/2026 - (859) Sports Radio - Elder Panthers at Highlands Bluebirds - Football

  • BlueBloodedColonel
    BlueBloodedColonel

    What a game. Great game from the Bluebirds. Players and coaches had a heck of a game. This Elder team looked rattled most of the night IMO. Looked like a different team than in Week 2 versus CCH. Cred

  • Voice of Reason
    Voice of Reason

    We are about to find out how good Highlands is.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Oldercoach said:

I am not sure what a “moral victory” is. Usually thought it was a loss when you were completely overmatched and fought valiantly but still came up short. Didn’t think the “over matched” would be all that accurate.

I agree, the teams were a good match. Highlands could have won that game. I think the moral victory is that Highlands will not face a team of that caliber on the path to a potential championship. Also, Highlands should have no business playing like that with a school the size of Elder.

1 hour ago, El Diablo said:

I agree, the teams were a good match. Highlands could have won that game. I think the moral victory is that Highlands will not face a team of that caliber on the path to a potential championship. Also, Highlands should have no business playing like that with a school the size of Elder.

Elder has enrollment of around 850 which is smaller than both St. X and Trinity. How many boys does Highlands have?

Highlands has about 500 boys. I thought Elder had a lot more boys than 850 for some reason.

7 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Highlands has about 500 boys. I thought Elder had a lot more boys than 850 for some reason.

Enrollment aside, the number of players on the sideline last night was significantly different. Especially when you consider Highlands dresses a number of Freshman. Elder does not.

Elder/HHS JV playing right now and Elder probably has double the number on the sideline.

Elder had 71 Freshman dress for their game against the Freshman Birds. Highlands has 38.

With that said, it is what it is. No complaining. Just adding context to the conversation. Gotta play the cards you’re dealt.

5 hours ago, Oldercoach said:

I am not sure what a “moral victory” is. Usually thought it was a loss when you were completely overmatched and fought valiantly but still came up short. Didn’t think the “over matched” would be all that accurate.

From Google:

A moral victory is an achievement, a sense of rightness, or a validation of principles gained despite suffering an official loss, defeat, or failure in a contest, vote, or argument.

1 minute ago, theguru said:

From Google:

A moral victory is an achievement, a sense of rightness, or a validation of principles gained despite suffering an official loss, defeat, or failure in a contest, vote, or argument.

So by definition is every loss a moral victory if you give 100% in preparation and effort?

9 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

I agree, the teams were a good match. Highlands could have won that game. I think the moral victory is that Highlands will not face a team of that caliber on the path to a potential championship. Also, Highlands should have no business playing like that with a school the size of Elder.

The only way Highlands doesn't win a championship this year is if they beat themselves. I don't see another team in 4A knocking them off. They have shown they can play with the Big Dogs, Elder last night. They have also shown that they can beat the big dogs, a few weeks ago against Boyle.

1 minute ago, BlueBloodedColonel said:

The only way Highlands doesn't win a championship this year is if they beat themselves. I don't see another team in 4A knocking them off. They have shown they can play with the Big Dogs, AKA Elder last night. They have also shown that they can beat the big dogs, AKA a few weeks ago against Boyle.

I said something similar last night. Barring something unexpected, this Birds team should be playing in Lexington.

2 hours ago, BlueBloodedColonel said:

The only way Highlands doesn't win a championship this year is if they beat themselves. I don't see another team in 4A knocking them off. They have shown they can play with the Big Dogs, Elder last night. They have also shown that they can beat the big dogs, a few weeks ago against Boyle.

Highlands has a great chance to win a state title this year. But Boyle is still out there along with some other quality teams. It’s not locked up yet by a long shot. I do like our chances though.

9 hours ago, Oldercoach said:

I am not sure what a “moral victory” is. Usually thought it was a loss when you were completely overmatched and fought valiantly but still came up short. Didn’t think the “over matched” would be all that accurate.

Exactly. They had a chance to win in the 4th. It didn’t happen and they lost. That’s a strong loss, but calling it a moral victory cheapens it. Makes it seem like they had no chance and played the game of their lives. They played very well, just didn’t win. On to next week and one step closer to December.

Can someone who had a better view than I confirm the last Highlands field goal was good. The Elder reaction and one official reaction made me think no, but couldn’t tell for sure.

2 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Can someone who had a better view than I confirm the last Highlands field goal was good. The Elder reaction and one official reaction made me think no, but couldn’t tell for sure.

Obviously the Elder players are not objective but it was a strong "no good" reaction from them.

Recently Browsing 3

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.