Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Favorite Rivalries

Featured Replies

What are some of your favorite high school rivalries here in Kentucky? I'm an NKY guy so I am very fond of the Bellevue/Dayton rivalry. a few others that I like:

- Newport/NCC

-Cooper/Ryle

-Ludlow/Bellevue

-Ludlow/Dayton

-Dixie/Cov Cath

-Highlands/Cov Cath

You can make an argument for how one sided a couple of these have been lately (Newport/NCC, Dixie/Cov Cath), but the rivalry is still there. I'd love to hear some of your all's!

  • Replies 52
  • Views 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Trinity/X Manual/Male Mayfield/Paducah-Tilghman

  • RoCkMaN28
    RoCkMaN28

    From mid/late 90’s thru 2000’s it was hard to find a better or bigger matchup throughout the entire mountains then Bell vs Rock. Every year the district was always decided between that game. Crowds we

  • Jumper_Dad
    Jumper_Dad

    I don't like either of them. ?

How come Cov Cath gets three classic rivals Beechwood, Dixie and Highlands? Everyone else has like one?

The rivalry game that was just fantastic for years but unfortunately came to a sudden end was the NCC/Highlands game.

Obviously I'm partial to Danville/Boyle.  I know the two squads are not quite on the same level together that they were in the early 2000s but it's just a rivalry embedded in the community.  That's why it's a shame that game isn't happening right now but I hope the new admin and coach make it happen again.  Yes, Boyle is on a whole other planet right now but I think it's good for the community to have that game every year.

  • Author
6 minutes ago, DanvilleFan said:

Obviously I'm partial to Danville/Boyle.  I know the two squads are not quite on the same level together that they were in the early 2000s but it's just a rivalry embedded in the community.  That's why it's a shame that game isn't happening right now but I hope the new admin and coach make it happen again.  Yes, Boyle is on a whole other planet right now but I think it's good for the community to have that game every year.

That was a classic rivalry in the 200o's! Two very dominant programs back then. I would love to see Danville back to it's prior glory.

1 hour ago, cincyswords said:

The rivalry game that was just fantastic for years but unfortunately came to a sudden end was the NCC/Highlands game.

Those NCC/Beechwood games were always battles too! 

  • Author

I still remember when I was in high school how big of a game it was between Boone County and Ryle. We went to watch them my bye week of my junior year and it was insane. The rebels would go on to win in overtime. It was an amazing game.

3 hours ago, El Diablo said:

How come Cov Cath gets three classic rivals Beechwood, Dixie and Highlands? Everyone else has like one?

Beechwood/CovCath - Proximity & Quality opponent
Dixie/CovCath - The Red/Blue Colonel & Dixie Highway connection
Highlands/CovCath - Outside of just a handful of years, I believe this has been a district game.

I think this all depends on where you live and who you cheer for, I myself cheer for Glasgow so the Glasgow-Barren Co rivalry has always been big around here although it has been very lopsided for the Scotties for most of the series. Another big one for me is the Glasgow- Monroe Co. game they were district rivals for years and it was very competitive even back in the old Tompkinsville Bears days. That series has been lopsided in favor of the Scotties as of late however it was a excellent game last year.

Trinity/X

Manual/Male

Mayfield/Paducah-Tilghman

Not sure it was so much for them, but for us, Russell became a big rival when we were at Mason County. Those games were often for the district title and had a significant bearing on being home or away for the playoffs. My favorite games were the ones we played in Flatwoods. 

It took us 13 seasons to win in Flatwoods. 

Miss the trip to Flatwoods, seeing Coach McGlone. Great days. 

For me it is Pulaski County/Southwestern. I hate anything blue and orange. 

I always enjoyed the battle for the paddle.  Dayton and Bellevue.  Not always the best talent, but when those 2 hooked up it was 100% effort from both sides.  

And for many years they played 2 times a year.  Once at the start of the year and then later as a district game.

Manual vs. Male

St. Xavier vs. Flaget

Manual vs. St. Xavier

St. Xavier vs. Trinity

St. Xavier vs. Male

Manual vs. Ballard

Mayfield vs. Paducah Tilghman

From mid/late 90’s thru 2000’s it was hard to find a better or bigger matchup throughout the entire mountains then Bell vs Rock. Every year the district was always decided between that game. Crowds were always rocking spirit lines stretch past mid field and the game was always close. One thing was for certain pads would be popping and heard any where in the stands! No matchup better than Dudley Hilton vs Tom Larkey it was smash mouth football at its finest and both teams knew what was coming but each team felt superior to the other and both teams just knew that year they were the better running team with the biggest o-line! This game/series is starting to get back to being competitive now that Rock has Chris Larkey as head coach and since he took over Rock beat Bell 40-38 at log mountain two years ago in what may have been the most exciting game at least in my opinion between the two storied programs! Dudley returned the favor beating Rock 14-3 at Rock last year giving the only defeat Rock suffered during the regular season. With each team splitting games the last two seasons this years matchup looks to be another great game in the series!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.