Nancy's power trip?

75center

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't aware of it in 01 and as I said, I don't have a problem with either of them using it as they are/were 3rd in line. It's the staff, family and political purposes I don't like.

It's really not a big thing, just something for right wing radio to talk about today.....something to start the ankel biting.

Political aide. :D

Just a (pathetically) paid internship. I'd do it for free, though, so no complaints.

But I do know how to spot politics in the English language. That was a fine example of covering one's own butt while getting some jabs in.

It is to me if the trips are unnecessary to the official business of the United States.

Speaking as a democrat, you have no need to fly your family and friends anywhere with you. As far as I am concerned this goes for both parties. If you feel the need to have them at your side then pay for them. I have enough trouble trying to pay for all the other stupid things my tax money goes for without providing their families a free plane ride.

Stuff like this, and seeing a policeman drive his family all over town in his squad car and watching a rescue squad sit outside (running), while the people in it goes in a celebrates a holiday (for hours) with their family, really does make my blood boil.

Speaking as a democrat, you have no need to fly your family and friends anywhere with you. As far as I am concerned this goes for both parties. If you feel the need to have them at your side then pay for them. I have enough trouble trying to pay for all the other stupid things my tax money goes for without providing their families a free plane ride.

Stuff like this, and seeing a policeman drive his family all over town in his squad car and watching a rescue squad sit outside (running), while the people in it goes in a celebrates a holiday (for hours) with their family, really does make my blood boil.

I agree....but I do recall Oppie and Aunt Bee riding in Andy's cruiser, and he's not a bad guy. Sorry about the Aunt Bee ref Frances.

I agree....but I do recall Oppie and Aunt Bee riding in Andy's cruiser, and he's not a bad guy. Sorry about the Aunt Bee ref Frances.

Oh no - not a problem at all, DD. As a matter of fact, I believe that the time you are referring to, I was actually under arrest ...

Frances

PS - I'm with RebelK on this one.

The Pentagon has agreed to give Nancy a plane but it isn't as big as she would like and the Pentagon has put restrictions on who can fly with her.

http://washtimes.com/national/20070208-121345-5680r.htm

There is more to the story. She wants the bigger plane so that it can fly non-stop to the west coast. The former speaker received non-stop flights to his home. A plane of the size Hastert used could fly to Michigan, but not the west coast. I think the speaker would be wise to take the smaller plane and drop the issue. It will be used as an efffort to embarass her and all Democrats. I don't have problem with filling up the plane, as long as it is a flight that is being done for the Speakers benefit. I have no objection when the President gives Laura a ride home to Texas when he goes there on vacation. I also don't mind when the President gives the local congressman a ride home on Air Force 1 when he is on his way there. It shouldn't be an issue, but that's politics.

There is more to the story. She wants the bigger plane so that it can fly non-stop to the west coast. The former speaker received non-stop flights to his home. A plane of the size Hastert used could fly to Michigan, but not the west coast. I think the speaker would be wise to take the smaller plane and drop the issue. It will be used as an efffort to embarass her and all Democrats. I don't have problem with filling up the plane, as long as it is a flight that is being done for the Speakers benefit. I have no objection when the President gives Laura a ride home to Texas when he goes there on vacation. I also don't mind when the President gives the local congressman a ride home on Air Force 1 when he is on his way there. It shouldn't be an issue, but that's politics.

She also said that if they did not have a plane available that could fly non stop.........she would fly commercial. You have to wonder who is beating this drum.

Seems the speaker was more than willing to travel by commercial airlines but there was security insistance by the government, including the Bush Administration. Will the hard right please stand up to be corrected for assuming the arguments in the article.:rolleyes: