Nancy's power trip?

75center

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Denny Hassert apparently had the same problem. I don't have a problem with the Speaker using a scheduled military flight to get home, or using military transportation for necessary trips to other places, which should be few and far between. However, these VIP flights need to stop. If she needs to get home for something, use the regular airlines. They're a heck of a lot cheaper than a VIP military flight, even if she flies first class.

Denny Hassert apparently had the same problem. I don't have a problem with the Speaker using a scheduled military flight to get home, or using military transportation for necessary trips to other places, which should be few and far between. However, these VIP flights need to stop. If she needs to get home for something, use the regular airlines. They're a heck of a lot cheaper than a VIP military flight, even if she flies first class.

Hassert didn't use if for staff, family or political trips. That's where I have a problem. Because she's 3rd in line she should be able to use it for herself and staff that have to travel with her. After all, there are security concerns there.

Mrs. Pelosi's request is not new for a speaker, who is second-in-line in presidential succession. A defense source said the speaker's regular access to a military plane began after the September 11, 2001, attacks. Rep. J. Dennis Hastert, Illinois Republican, who was speaker at the time, started using U.S. Air Force planes for domestic travel to and from his district for security reasons. A former Hastert aide said the congressman did not use military planes for political trips or regularly transport his family.
Speaking as someone in the field, I'm going to guess that means Hastert DID fly his family on occasion. And I'm guessing the omission also means that staff were probably on board occasionally.

Lots of guessing going on there. Bottom line is that Pelosi wants more military flights for staff and family than has been allowed in the past. Not a good start to the fiscal responsibility she promised to bring in.
You explain the wording to me, then. You don't have to read too deep between the lines to see it.

There's no other reason for the word 'regularly' to be in there. Or for the aide not to mention staff.

I have no problem with what Hastert did. Just as I have no problem with Pelosi doing it. She's expanding to staff and family. I have a problem with that. What do YOU think about that DD? BTW, wasn't she supposed to clean up Washington and change the culture? Hmmmmm.

You explain the wording to me, then. You don't have to read too deep between the lines to see it.

There's no other reason for the word 'regularly' to be in there. Or for the aide not to mention staff.

What do you think of her expanding the use? By all means between the lines or otherwise she wants a military plane at her disposal.

Hmmmm?? I have no problem with what Hastert did. Just as I have no problem with Pelosi doing it. She's expanding to staff and family. I have a problem with that. What do YOU think about that DD?

Just wondering why you didn't bring it up back in 01.....what do I think?

I don't think it is necessary for anyone but the prez and vp.