Purdue vs. UConn Predictions/Updates (NCAA Championship)

Purdue vs. UConn  

11 members have voted

1. 1. NCAA National Championship Who Wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/09/2024 at 01:24 AM

The Purdue Boilermakers (34-4) the #1 seed in the Midwest will take on the UConn Huskies (36-3) the #1 seed in the East. This is probably two of the teams a lot of people picked to play for the title. I think UConn is 10+ better than the Boilermakers, but that is why they play the game. I do not like or understand why the game has to wait and tip at 9:20pm. I personally don't understand why this game could not tip at 8:15pm or like 8:40pm at the latest. I'll get off my soapbox now. lol

• Thanks 1

I picked Purdue over U Conn in my bracket, but Purdue has no chance. It will be a blowout. U Conn's perimeter players will destroy Purdue's.

Purdue needs to play the slowest game possible. Reduce possessions. In U Conn's three losses they scored 66, 65 and 60. They have not scored less than 60 all season. They are 3-3 in games where they scored less than 70. Purdue's goal is to hold them to 60. Play slow and slower.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

The Purdue Boilermakers (34-4) the #1 seed in the Midwest will take on the UConn Huskies (36-3) the #1 seed in the East. This is probably two of the teams a lot of people picked to play for the title. I think UConn is 10+ better than the Boilermakers, but that is why they play the game. I do not like or understand why the game has to wait and tip at 9:20pm. I personally don't understand why this game could not tip at 8:15pm or like 8:40pm at the latest. I'll get off my soapbox now. lol

According to ESPN, 7.9% of the brackets had this matchup in the finals.

• Like 1

I think UConn wins this without much trouble. I believe that UConn will have too much for Purdue to handle as a team. The matchup between the bigs of both teams may be fun to watch, but I think UConn has too much of an upper hand in all other areas. I think that the Huskies win by at least ten and probably more.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rjs4470 said:

According to ESPN, 7.9% of the brackets had this matchup in the finals.

I'm one of those 7.9% with UConn picked to win. In my work bracket, I went from 14th place to 3rd with last night games. A UCONN win on Monday will get me 2nd place.

I’ve thought all along that Purdue (along with a healthy Houston) is the only team capable of hanging with UConn for forty minutes   Huskies were ranked #1 for seven weeks, Boilermakers for five    Should be a good one  

5 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

I'm one of those 7.9% with UConn picked to win. In my work bracket, I went from 14th place to 3rd with last night games. A UCONN win on Monday will get me 2nd place.

Me too. If Purdue wins, I win. If they lose, I’m in second.

13 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

While I hate the late start also, I'm not sure what else they can do. Even the 9:20 tip time is just 6:20 on the West coast. An 8:15 tip as you offered would have the games tipping off at 5:15 right in the middle of rush hour out west.

When UConn goes on those runs they are scary good. They have good size and can rotate players on Edey. Purdue's guards have to light it up and really limit their turnovers. Honestly I think UConn's just a little bit stronger than the Boilermakers.....but that's why they play the games.

10 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Purdue also should look at playing zone defense. Keep Edey in the paint on defense. No open 3's for Spencer. Make other U Conn players hit 3's.

Doing this would improve their chances.

6 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

While I hate the late start also, I'm not sure what else they can do. Even the 9:20 tip time is just 6:20 on the West coast. An 8:15 tip as you offered would have the games tipping off at 5:15 right in the middle of rush hour out west.

Let's be real here.  How many folks on the west coast will even tune in for this game?  I agree that's why it's done, but I doubt too many will care. 

• Like 1