Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who Is The Kentucky Coach Next Season?

Featured Replies

1 minute ago, DragonFire said:

If you’re telling me that they could have two bad years and then queue up the next national title winning coach at Kentucky, I think I’d take that deal. Because that’s what happened with Billy G. 

Define insanity.

  • Replies 237
  • Views 25.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • John Calipari.

  • Mitch: Hey Cal, you wanna leave?  Cal: Nope. Mitch: Okay sounds great. 

  • I believe universities, in general, are in a weird spot. You have a diminishing product (college bball) with some ridiculous salaries. Who knows what college hoops will look like in five years, or if

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Tranquility Base said:

Define insanity.

I mean, I’m joking around, but seriously, I’d take another Billy G if it meant that five years from now UK had a title. Why wouldn’t someone! But I do expect Kentucky will be in for rough waters next year. Still, as I’ve said repeatedly, it really was just time for a change for both sides. Things run their course - Cal and Kentucky ran their course. 

I hate to see it. I'm not excusing anything but I guess I look at things differently and Cal has been a huge Net Gain for the program over his time here.

Started a thread just for the coaching search.

 

 

4 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

I hate to see it. I'm not excusing anything but I guess I look at things differently and Cal has been a huge Net Gain for the program over his time here.

He definitely was. And if I had to do it over again, I would wish he rode off into the NBA or something after 2020, and there’s really be no downside to his legacy. The last four years just weren’t great, and made clear that things had grown stale. Cal didn’t seem willing to change either - him maintaining the same staff was a real red flag. 

Cal bolts UMass for the NBA and then Memphis; UMass goes on probation.

Cal bolts Memphis for UK; Memphis goes on Probation

Cal bolts UK for Arkansas;  Anybody worried?

29 minutes ago, Tranquility Base said:

Cal bolts UMass for the NBA and then Memphis; UMass goes on probation.

Cal bolts Memphis for UK; Memphis goes on Probation

Cal bolts UK for Arkansas;  Anybody worried?

Nah. Different world today. It's all legal now.

And I think the Memphis probation is an embarrassment to the NCAA. They told him he could play Rose then put them on probation. The NCAA at its "finest".

1 hour ago, TheDeuce said:

If there were a chance of him being “forced out” after next year, he’d be a fool to leave. 

Meh. I dunno.  Some guys like to leave on their own terms, cloud of turmoil dust or not. 

1 hour ago, theguru said:

Hopefully we get a good one!

Go Cats!

Yeah. That's the reason this hasn't happened already. Kentucky doesn't have a coach waiting in the wings. This will be a tough hire and could end up being a short term hire, successful or not. 

Very interesting Tre Mitchell fact:

UMass: McCall fired the year after Tre transferred
Texas: Chris Beard fired the year he left
West Virginia: Huggins gone the year he transferred
Kentucky: ?

7 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

Cal bolts UMass for the NBA and then Memphis; UMass goes on probation.

Cal bolts Memphis for UK; Memphis goes on Probation

Cal bolts UK for Arkansas;  Anybody worried?

Not now (or in my case ever). College football and basketball have turned into the WWF....." The only rules are........there are no rules"lol.

9 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

Cal bolts UMass for the NBA and then Memphis; UMass goes on probation.

Cal bolts Memphis for UK; Memphis goes on Probation

Cal bolts UK for Arkansas;  Anybody worried?

I am not worried, but you do bring up a good point. What can get you on probation now? It almost has to be a true competitive edge cheating thing (see Michigan football). I Wikipediaed it and only 11 schools across all sports are currently on NCAA probation. One of those is in college basketball: TCU. This relates to the whole Adidas scandal.

TheDeuce zeroed in on this with his 3/25 post (go back and read it), and that's apparently what UK has done.?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.