"Crum Court" Announced

02Ram54

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The article in today's Courier Journal said it was the court at Freedom Hall that was going to be named Denny Crum court. It doesn't make much sense to name a court after him that won't be used by the Cards in the near future.

Crum Court.

It'll be named for Crum, and the name carries over to the new arena.

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070125/SPORTS02/701250489/1002/SPORTS

And now Louisville basketball will be played on Denny Crum Court. The school announced yesterday that the Freedom Hall floor will be dedicated in Crum's honor before the Feb. 7 game against Georgetown. The court name will carry over to the new downtown arena, which is scheduled to open in 2010.

"Crum" is the correct name for that dump! :laugh: :laugh: I too offer my congrats to U.L.mand D.C. on the honor.

Only the X fans. Trinity fans can spell "Congratulations". The word comes the way of the Rocks pretty frequently. :D

Only the X fans. Trinity fans can spell "Congratulations". The word comes the way of the Rocks pretty frequently. :D

I believe that you quoted the wrong one on this one. Mine was not the post that pointed out a spelling mistake. Are you by any chance a U.L. fan, if so this mistake is understood, we have to allow for that amount of intelligence:D

(just kidding, I have made many mistakes on here along with everyone else.)

Maybe his name will improve the quality of players on the court. :lol:

Or even the coaching for that matter. :jump:

Funny stuff, considering the Cards are playing better than your guys right now. Enjoy that short stay at No. 25?

Congrats, coach. You're the best! :thumb:

# Louisville record (675-295) ranks him 19th on the winningest all-time coaches list and 15th in Division I.

# At Louisville, coached two NCAA championship teams (1980, 1986)

# Coached six NCAA Final Four teams (1972, 1975, 1980, 1982, 1983, 1986)

# Led University of Louisville to 20 or more victories in 21 of 30 seasons

# Coached 28 University of Louisville players who have played in the NBA

# Became the second-fastest coach to reach 500 victories by reaching that mark in the eighth game of his 22nd season, a 98-75 victory at South Florida on Jan. 7, 1993

# Reached his 600th win in the 14th game of his 26th season

# Had directed Louisville to 23 NCAA appearances (fourth all-time)

# Compiled a 42-23 (.646) record in NCAA Tournament games

# Had guided the University of Louisville to 12 regular season Metro Conference titles and 11 Metro Conference Championships; the Cardinals had won or finished second in 15 of the league's 17 years of awarding champions

# Upon enshrinement, his 35-17 NCAA record ranked him fourth in all-time NCAA tournament victories

# At Louisville, made 16 trips to the Sweet 16

# Had led Louisville to three NIT tournaments and the 1985 NIT semifinals

# Named National Coach of the Year three times (1980, 1983, 1986)

# Named Metro Conference Coach of the Year three times (1979, 1980, 1983)

# The Sporting News Coach of the Year (1986)

# Playboy Coach of the Year (1986)

# Basketball Weekly Man of the Year (1986)

# Basketball Weekly Coach of the Year (1980)

During his career, Crum has been named College Coach of the Year three times (1980, 1983, 1986), and has been Metro Conference Coach of the Year five times. Crum's record (675-295) included 21 seasons with 20 or more wins, including 14 straight. He also compiled three seasons of 30 or more victories. Crum retired as the 19th winningest coach in college basketball history and 16th in Division I. His .696 winning percentage is 49th best in history. Crum coached Louisville to 23 NCAA tournament appearances, including 19 in a 24-years stretch. Three of his squads have participated in the NIT. Under Crum, the Cardinals have captured or shared 12 Metro Conference regular season titles and 11 post season tournament championships. He has coached 28 players who have played in the NBA. On the international level, Crum coached the 1977 USA World University Team to a gold medal and the 1987 Pan American team to a silver medal. Crum is a 1958 graduate of UCLA, where he played two seasons for Hall of Famer John Wooden. He coached at Pierce Junior College (CA) for four seasons, and in 1968, became Wooden's top assistant and chief recruiter until becoming head coach at Louisville in 1971.

http://www.hoophall.com/halloffamers/Crum.htm

:ylsuper:

# Louisville record (675-295) ranks him 19th on the winningest all-time coaches list and 15th in Division I.

# At Louisville, coached two NCAA championship teams (1980, 1986)

# Coached six NCAA Final Four teams (1972, 1975, 1980, 1982, 1983, 1986)

# Led University of Louisville to 20 or more victories in 21 of 30 seasons

# Coached 28 University of Louisville players who have played in the NBA

# Became the second-fastest coach to reach 500 victories by reaching that mark in the eighth game of his 22nd season, a 98-75 victory at South Florida on Jan. 7, 1993

# Reached his 600th win in the 14th game of his 26th season

# Had directed Louisville to 23 NCAA appearances (fourth all-time)

# Compiled a 42-23 (.646) record in NCAA Tournament games

# Had guided the University of Louisville to 12 regular season Metro Conference titles and 11 Metro Conference Championships; the Cardinals had won or finished second in 15 of the league's 17 years of awarding champions

# Upon enshrinement, his 35-17 NCAA record ranked him fourth in all-time NCAA tournament victories

# At Louisville, made 16 trips to the Sweet 16

# Had led Louisville to three NIT tournaments and the 1985 NIT semifinals

# Named National Coach of the Year three times (1980, 1983, 1986)

# Named Metro Conference Coach of the Year three times (1979, 1980, 1983)

# The Sporting News Coach of the Year (1986)

# Playboy Coach of the Year (1986)

# Basketball Weekly Man of the Year (1986)

# Basketball Weekly Coach of the Year (1980)

During his career, Crum has been named College Coach of the Year three times (1980, 1983, 1986), and has been Metro Conference Coach of the Year five times. Crum's record (675-295) included 21 seasons with 20 or more wins, including 14 straight. He also compiled three seasons of 30 or more victories. Crum retired as the 19th winningest coach in college basketball history and 16th in Division I. His .696 winning percentage is 49th best in history. Crum coached Louisville to 23 NCAA tournament appearances, including 19 in a 24-years stretch. Three of his squads have participated in the NIT. Under Crum, the Cardinals have captured or shared 12 Metro Conference regular season titles and 11 post season tournament championships. He has coached 28 players who have played in the NBA. On the international level, Crum coached the 1977 USA World University Team to a gold medal and the 1987 Pan American team to a silver medal. Crum is a 1958 graduate of UCLA, where he played two seasons for Hall of Famer John Wooden. He coached at Pierce Junior College (CA) for four seasons, and in 1968, became Wooden's top assistant and chief recruiter until becoming head coach at Louisville in 1971.

http://www.hoophall.com/halloffamers/Crum.htm

My favorite coach of all time!!! (And one of the big reasons that I became a Cards fan!!) All I can say, it's about time!!!! Congrats Coach Crum!!!!!!:banana: :banana: :banana: