"Crum Court" Announced

02Ram54

Congrats to him and the university. Be happy you have the name "crum court". Virginia recently left its old building "University Hall" and moved into a brand new basketball area called the John Paul Jones arena. During the summer there was a thread on their board looking for nicknames for the new building.

One of the funniest ones I remember seeing was "The John". Yep, I'm sure all opponents of the ACC would truly be frightened to come play in the THE JOHN. lol

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, my Denny Crum story.

I'm a freshman at U of L. Maybe second week there. I accompany some friends to Liquor Outlet, to get some uhhhh Coke, yeah that's it.

We head down the liquor aisle and turn the corner and BAM there he is Denny Crum, all 5 foot 6 of him, I know he's taller than that but not much, he seemed really short to me, no idea why.

He signed my bottle of Jim Beam.

Stupid story I know, but it was a fun night.

You were a 21 year-old freshman? :sssh: ;)

Tom Jurich just called in to the Joe B and Denny show to let Coach Crum know that the court in the new arena would be named in his honor!

:dancingpa

That's great. How surprised was Coach Crum? I would have loved to have heard his reaction.

Was it? Thanks for playing. :thumb:
:flame: :confused: Why the flame on that post, not every thread has to be about the Cats!

It is overdue, the man was the face of the University of Louisville for 30+ years and still the best in game coach this state has ever seen. He should have the entire Arena named after him in my opinion. :cool:

:flame: :confused: Why the flame on that post, not every thread has to be about the Cats!

It is overdue, the man was the face of the University of Louisville for 30+ years and still the best in game coach this state has ever seen. He should have the entire Arena named after him in my opinion. :cool:

I'll agree he's the best UL has had over the past 30 years.. The rest, your on your own.

Tom Jurich just called in to the Joe B and Denny show to let Coach Crum know that the court in the new arena would be named in his honor!

:dancingpa

The article in today's Courier Journal said it was the court at Freedom Hall that was going to be named Denny Crum court. It doesn't make much sense to name a court after him that won't be used by the Cards in the near future.

Crum Court.