2024 Covington Catholic Colonels

If the offensive game plan is to have the quarterback be one of your leaders in rushing attempts, I would be taking a hard look at Harney. He is probably a bigger threat running the ball than passing the ball, and he is a good passer.

That athletic ability might be the very thing that prevents him from getting the quarterback job. There may be more value for the team in having him play on both sides of the ball at safety and wide receiver.

Just received a text with some good news that will allow me to sleep soundly tonight, unless Michigan loses, but the Colonels started their off season program this evening, and Coach Eviston was there leading the charge. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, TheConch said:

Just received a text with some good news that will allow me to sleep soundly tonight, unless Michigan loses, but the Colonels started their off season program this evening, and Coach Eviston was there leading the charge. 

Well well well maybe a certain Breds fan should revisit the Brossart thread. I know nothing of CCs players, but as an HC, there is no way you go elsewhere just because another team in your class is stacked. Winners like challenges. Good news and good luck to the Colonels.

5 minutes ago, Breds82 said:

Well well well maybe a certain Breds fan should revisit the Brossart thread. I know nothing of CCs players, but as an HC, there is no way you go elsewhere just because another team in your class is stacked. Winners like challenges. Good news and good luck to the Colonels.

Is the HC not supposed to show up to work outs even if he’s interested in a job?

5 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Highly unlikely at CCH. During Eviston's tenure, the 2021 season is the only year a QB got any reps on defense, and that is because there wasn't a clear starting QB.

Gotcha. I’m a believer in your best 11 on each side need to play, regardless of where they play on O/D. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

In general I agree except at QB and especially at the bigger class schools.

I can see that viewpoint. At the same time though, Jagger Gillis played FS then LB for Boyle for his two rings. Sage Dawson played corner both years for his. Brady Atwell dominated at LB for O Cath. Let your players play. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cov_Cath_Hwy said:

I am told He is currently in the Freshman class and will be a Sophomore next Season.

He was a Covid hold back so I’d also believe he’ll be a Sophomore next year. Though I know he was in the same classes and grade as Cash when they were both at St Pius. 

20 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Correct, he was playing TE and DL last year. That was an error on my part.

He should end up being a pretty good player after a couple years in the S&C program. 

I think he’s more of a player on the DL than a TE, but will be able rotate in on offense in 25/26. Barring injury, I don’t see him getting snaps in competitive games over Kruer/Pitz/Krallman at TE. I do think he will get snaps on the DL this year though. 

• Like 1