Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2024 Covington Catholic Colonels

Featured Replies

14 hours ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Will James Brooks son get some reps at running back?

 

1 hour ago, UKato91 said:

I think he's a WR.  

what I am hearing and seeing on this is that UKato91 is 100% correct and He has been moved to WR as He has shot up in height and they want to get the ball in space to Him.  
I think the plan is to feature Geiser out of the backfield as RB1 with Andrew Bessler getting some carries(kid runs with an attitude attacking would-be tacklers before they can attack Him).

And as of now I think they like Harney better at QB as it gives them more options and more dynamic folks touching the ball.

I know a ton of folks are down on Harney’s arm strength compared to the cannon Queen has, but I am absolutely convinced it is not as big of a drop off as folks think it is.  The bigger issue for me is Harney looks to be on His way to a D1 level safety and He will be flat out scary coming downhill this year on D and I am not sure you want your starting QB doing that.  Harney may be more valuable staying at safety and getting the ball in space on offense as a RB or a slot WR and handing the offense over to a potential 3 year starter in Queen.

There are a lot more guys in the know on here then me and I would love to see this thread get directed more for a bit on some chatter on our QB situation as it seems like we have some legit options and options is good problem to have.

We are just weeks away from practice starting and lighting this candle.

GO Colonels.

  • Replies 158
  • Views 44k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Colonels_Wear_Blue
    Colonels_Wear_Blue

    Sophomore TE/DL Spencer Clukey received an offer today from Kentucky.

  • Cov_Cath_Hwy
    Cov_Cath_Hwy

    The Frederick Douglas kid is a Soph and DL/OL and very sizable and the South Carolina kid is said to be a 4 star kicker….

  • Colonels_Wear_Blue
    Colonels_Wear_Blue

    Peeped the new video scoreboard going in on the southwest corner of the stadium today.

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Cov_Cath_Hwy said:

 

what I am hearing and seeing on this is that UKato91 is 100% correct and He has been moved to WR as He has shot up in height and they want to get the ball in space to Him.  
I think the plan is to feature Geiser out of the backfield as RB1 with Andrew Bessler getting some carries(kid runs with an attitude attacking would-be tacklers before they can attack Him).

And as of now I think they like Harney better at QB as it gives them more options and more dynamic folks touching the ball.

I know a ton of folks are down on Harney’s arm strength compared to the cannon Queen has, but I am absolutely convinced it is not as big of a drop off as folks think it is.  The bigger issue for me is Harney looks to be on His way to a D1 level safety and He will be flat out scary coming downhill this year on D and I am not sure you want your starting QB doing that.  Harney may be more valuable staying at safety and getting the ball in space on offense as a RB or a slot WR and handing the offense over to a potential 3 year starter in Queen.

There are a lot more guys in the know on here then me and I would love to see this thread get directed more for a bit on some chatter on our QB situation as it seems like we have some legit options and options is good problem to have.

We are just weeks away from practice starting and lighting this candle.

GO Colonels.

What is Harney's height and weight? 

22 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

What is Harney's height and weight? 

5’10”1/2 and 170 (not 100% on the weight).

22 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

What is Harney's height and weight? 

KHSAA roster lists him as 5'11 165 and per Cash's Twitter, that's correct.

13 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Sophomore TE/DL Spencer Clukey received an offer today from Kentucky.

What is his size?

  • Author
29 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

What is his size?

I haven't seen him in person since the end of this past varsity football season, so as a rising sophomore he's definitely at the point in life where he could be growing more or less exponentially, but his Twitter bio lists him at 6'4" and 230lbs. That's not too far off from where I would have guessed he was at the end of the football season.

2 hours ago, Cov_Cath_Hwy said:

5’10”1/2 and 170 (not 100% on the weight).

 

2 hours ago, RedHawk said:

KHSAA roster lists him as 5'11 165 and per Cash's Twitter, that's correct.

Might be a little light for a power 5 safety. MAC maybe? Miami OH seems to have a connection to CCH.

19 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I haven't seen him in person since the end of this past varsity football season, so as a rising sophomore he's definitely at the point in life where he could be growing more or less exponentially, but his Twitter bio lists him at 6'4" and 230lbs. That's not too far off from where I would have guessed he was at the end of the football season.

Big sophomore! Will the big lineman that was a Freshman Collins get playing time?

1 hour ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Sophomore TE/DL Spencer Clukey received an offer today from Kentucky.

Woah! 

This has to be for DL and his size projects real well for an interior DL and playing 4 or 4i in these 3 down fronts. Excited to see him play the next 3 years for us! 

32 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

 

Might be a little light for a power 5 safety. MAC maybe? Miami OH seems to have a connection to CCH.

I think if Cash was 6’ or 6’1 he’s on a G5 trajectory…I think he’s probably a little small for that level. He’s still an awesome player and a future all state level safety imo.

2 minutes ago, CCHFC said:

I think if Cash was 6’ or 6’1 he’s on a G5 trajectory…I think he’s probably a little small for that level. He’s still an awesome player and a future all state level safety imo 

Is Cash looking to play football or basketball in college? I’d assume football.

30 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Big sophomore! Will the big lineman that was a Freshman Collins get playing time?

I think two spots are locked down (Mason Dietz and Andrew Huber) so there is ample opportunity for the four sophs that got called up last year (Collins is one of those) to win the other three.

Plus I’m sure there is an upper classman or 2 that might take a spot. 

9 minutes ago, CCHFC said:

I think if Cash was 6’ or 6’1 he’s on a G5 trajectory…I think he’s probably a little small for that level. He’s still an awesome player and a future all state level safety imo.

I think he will grow some more his dad was over 6'1.

1 hour ago, CCHFC said:

I think two spots are locked down (Mason Dietz and Andrew Huber) so there is ample opportunity for the four sophs that got called up last year (Collins is one of those) to win the other three.

Plus I’m sure there is an upper classman or 2 that might take a spot. 

Johnny Lind will be the starting center, I assume, and will get significant time on the DL as well.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.