Washington vs. Michigan (CFP Championship)

Washington vs. Michigan  

17 members have voted

1. 1. CFP Championship Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/09/2024 at 12:46 AM

This one could be interesting.  Both teams are undefeated going into the game.  Also, both teams play in the Big10 next year.  Washington beat Texas and Michigan beat Alabama in the semifinals, both SEC teams next season.

It's kind of sad for the PAC-12 that in their last year of existence they finally found a way to produce 3 top 10 teams (Oregon, Washington, Arizona).

I think Michigan wins this because of their defense.

• Like 1

Interesting game for sure. Michigan has the advantage physically on both sides of the ball and will determine a lot with how the game goes. I do believe Washington is better offensively and if Penix can play well, it’s anyone’s game. If not, it will be a long game for them because I believe that Michigan will have little to no trouble running the ball. 

This will easily be the toughest defense that Washington has seen all year.  For Michigan, it may be one of the worst defenses that they have seen.  Washington gives up almost 400 yards per game.  With only a week to prepare, I think Michigan wins by 2 scores.  

38 minutes ago, REALSPORT said:

This will easily be the toughest defense that Washington has seen all year.  For Michigan, it may be one of the worst defenses that they have seen.  Washington gives up almost 400 yards per game.  With only a week to prepare, I think Michigan wins by 2 scores.  

My thought process as well. If Washington had five weeks to prepare like they did against Texas, then I would like their chances.

• Like 1

This will be the first time since Clemson in 2018 that a SEC School has not won the title. Also, probably even more rare is that this is the first time since the start of the CFP in 2014 that an SEC team is not in the Championship game. In 2014 it was Ohio State and Oregon.