Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2024 Boyle County Rebels 

Featured Replies

6 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Calpreps says a 6-4 record for Boyle County against St. Edward's schedule last season. Again, this is all from the Calpreps predictor, not an actual prediction by me:

  • Center Grove (IN) 28, Boyle County 22
  • Our Lady of Good Counsel (MD) 27, Boyle County 14
  • Boyle County 38, Rock Creek Christian (MD) 10
  • Boyle County 35, Elder (OH) 17
  • Massillon (OH) 31, Boyle County 17
  • Boyle County 44, River Rouge (MI) 7
  • Boyle County 35, St. Ignatius (OH) 8
  • vs. Clarkson Football North (Ontario) - no rating on Calpreps; would predict a Boyle win considering St. Edward won convincingly
  • Boyle County 26, Archbishop Moeller (OH) 24
  • Archbishop Hoban (OH) 21, Boyle County 14

Thank you so much @gchs_uk9!!

  • Replies 102
  • Views 32.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Boyle had their ring ceremony last night for this past season.    

  • CAT DIESEL POWER
    CAT DIESEL POWER

    Congratulations to the co-defensive coordinators! The defense seems to be in great hands.

  • LCA week 1, Bryan station week 2, then the same schedule the rest of the way. 

Posted Images

I am going to take this a step further with Boyle playing St. Edwards 2023 playoff opponents:

Boyle County 56 Elyria (OH) 0
Boyle County 34 GlenOak (Canton, OH) 7
Boyle County 34 McKinley (Canton, OH) 17
Boyle County 40 Medina (OH) 21
Boyle County 28 Hilliard Bradley (Hilliard, OH) 19
Boyle County 27 Springfield (OH) 20

And just for good measure:
St. Edward (OH) 28 Boyle County 19

===============

So, Calpreps says Boyle County would have won Ohio D1 last year assuming they took St. Eds place in the playoffs.

Wow!!

3 hours ago, theguru said:

I am going to take this a step further with Boyle playing St. Edwards 2023 playoff opponents:

Boyle County 56 Elyria (OH) 0
Boyle County 34 GlenOak (Canton, OH) 7
Boyle County 34 McKinley (Canton, OH) 17
Boyle County 40 Medina (OH) 21
Boyle County 28 Hilliard Bradley (Hilliard, OH) 19
Boyle County 27 Springfield (OH) 20

And just for good measure:
St. Edward (OH) 28 Boyle County 19

===============

So, Calpreps says Boyle County would have won Ohio D1 last year assuming they took St. Eds place in the playoffs.

Wow!!

Of course comparing 2023 to 2024 may be comparing apples to oranges, but looks like Boyle would have been very competitive. Still, a Big challenge!

1 minute ago, Maroon Beech said:

Of course comparing 2023 to 2024 may be comparing apples to oranges, but looks like Boyle would have been very competitive. Still, a Big challenge!

I tend to think that 2024 Boyle > 2023 Boyle.

4 minutes ago, burreaux said:

I tend to think that 2024 Boyle > 2023 Boyle.

And I tend to think 2023 St. Edwards > 2024 St. Edwards. 

Regardless of outcome on the game, I believe that it’s awesome that Boyle County is playing St Edward! This is great for Boyle County and the rest of Kentucky as far as high school football fans are concerned. This game will only make Boyle better as the season continues, regardless of outcome. I might have to make a trip north for this game, haven’t been to St Edward in a long time. 

6 minutes ago, hrcarrier said:

Regardless of outcome on the game, I believe that it’s awesome that Boyle County is playing St Edward! This is great for Boyle County and the rest of Kentucky as far as high school football fans are concerned. This game will only make Boyle better as the season continues, regardless of outcome. I might have to make a trip north for this game, haven’t been to St Edward in a long time. 

Well said!

10 hours ago, DearToday said:

They beat Hoban. 

14-7

On 4/23/2024 at 6:53 PM, burreaux said:

I tend to think that 2024 Boyle > 2023 Boyle.

Dawson was D-1 QB right?  Do they have another D-1 QB on the roster?  Bodner another big loss too.  They will no doubt have good options at QB but all unproven at this point. 

3 hours ago, titan101 said:

Dawson was D-1 QB right?  Do they have another D-1 QB on the roster?  Bodner another big loss too.  They will no doubt have good options at QB but all unproven at this point. 

I think Dawson will be playing DB at the next level, but yes, still a big loss. I'm thinking another year of Tavey will be able to make up for anything they lost from last year's team. I can't think of a more slam dunk pick for Mr. Football at this point of the preseason than Tavey going in to this year.

56 minutes ago, burreaux said:

I think Dawson will be playing DB at the next level, but yes, still a big loss. I'm thinking another year of Tavey will be able to make up for anything they lost from last year's team. I can't think of a more slam dunk pick for Mr. Football at this point of the preseason than Tavey going in to this year.

Not buying slam dunk Mr. Football. Favorite, but not slam dunk.

1 hour ago, burreaux said:

I think Dawson will be playing DB at the next level, but yes, still a big loss. I'm thinking another year of Tavey will be able to make up for anything they lost from last year's team. I can't think of a more slam dunk pick for Mr. Football at this point of the preseason than Tavey going in to this year.

He's playing QB and baseball for Air Force. 

I heard the QB Transfer from Woodford County quit. Boyle will have no experience at QB next year.  And the two qbs battling it out will not have the same speed as Dawson. Could we see Quisenberry at QB? And the loss of Bodner at RB will be huge also. Boyle will be good but I'm starting to think I don't know if they will be as good as this years team. 

3 hours ago, burreaux said:

I think Dawson will be playing DB at the next level, but yes, still a big loss. I'm thinking another year of Tavey will be able to make up for anything they lost from last year's team. I can't think of a more slam dunk pick for Mr. Football at this point of the preseason than Tavey going in to this year.

Agree on Quisenberry.  A big part of his game is catching the ball.  If he isn't getting the ball in the same way he was last year could hurt his production as a receiver as it is hard to throw it to yourself.  Boyle's incoming guys at QB may be better than Dawson but it is hard to be a D1 QB.  Not sure they have had many at Boyle.  Dawson was really accurate and could also hurt teams with his run game. 

1 hour ago, Statsdontlie said:

I heard the QB Transfer from Woodford County quit. Boyle will have no experience at QB next year.  And the two qbs battling it out will not have the same speed as Dawson. Could we see Quisenberry at QB? And the loss of Bodner at RB will be huge also. Boyle will be good but I'm starting to think I don't know if they will be as good as this years team. 

I think you might see some Wildcat/direct snap stuff with Q, but I am not worried about the QB position.  Haddix is a QB guy and an offense guy.  He will be able to scheme with what they will have.  He's very creative.  I do not think we will see our QB get flushed and run for 50 yards this year but they should be able to scramble for a first down from time to time.  

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.