2024 Boyle County Rebels 

DevilMayCare

18 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Makes sense. Looks like there are a couple young QB's that got more playing time than Nason and Woodford's starting QB is a junior. 

I think he left the team when they decided to run a wishbone instead of passing it. That explains why others numbers are higher.

• Thanks 1

I think it is way to early to pick the starting QB for Boyle next year. You have two good young QB's that already know the system as well as the transfer that will be able to go thru spring practice. I do know that Baylor Murphy is a tough hard nosed football player with the skill set that a good QB needs. It will take someone very good to beat him out. He is a 6'0 180 lb. and will be a Jr. Guy Turner is 6'1 160lb. and will be a soph. Both kids are very athletic and can run and throw the ball. The QB position will not be a problem for the Rebels.

Look out for JaKeem Ray and Clifton Yocum two kids that couldn't play last year that transferred from Danville. Both will play and should start. Also look for Junior to be Bubby McPherson to have a break out year on defense. Rebels are loaded! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2024 season kicked off early this morning with hard work to defend their 4 straight State Titles.    60 plus players getting better for the next season.  

image.thumb.png.269195dd481f1f1e7a7aa6a4511421b4.png

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, 12th Region Fan said:

Hearing Travis Burns name closely linked to the Pulaski job opening. How big of a loss would that be to the leader of the Rebels defense? How many coaches would Burns bring with him? 

Would be a big loss for Boyle.  Travis is a really good coach and the players like playing for him.  Fortunately for Boyle, they have a fairly large and experienced staff.  Someone would step and take the reigns but I hate to see Travis go if he does.  

I also don't blame him if he has a desire to be a head coach.  Pulaski is a strong program with a ton of community support.  It would be a good fit for both I think.  

But I would hate to see him go.  

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Seems all but an official announcement that Travis Burns is headed to Pulaski County. Supposedly two assistants are set to head with Burns. I’m sure Coach Haddix hates to lose parts of his staff, but at the same time I’m sure he’s proud of Coach Burns and wishes him well. 

• 3 weeks later...

2024 Schedule

Aug 24 at Lexington Christian Academy 

Aug 31 vs. Bryan Station 

Sep 6 vs. Danville 

Sep 13 at Scott County 

Sep 20 vs. Taylor County*

Sep 27 at Lexington Catholic 

Oct 4 - BYE

Oct 11 vs. Russell County*

Oct 18 at Lincoln County*

Oct 25 at Wayne County*

Nov 1 vs. Frederick Douglass 

* District Game

GGPmuH0WIAAtdOj.thumb.jpeg.5a58aca0b3c7b132673e1253fc5c7c08.jpeg

• Thanks 1

On 2/14/2024 at 12:14 AM, DevilMayCare said:

2024 Schedule

Aug 24 at Lexington Christian Academy 

Aug 31 vs. Bryan Station 

Sep 6 vs. Danville 

Sep 13 at Scott County 

Sep 20 vs. Taylor County*

Sep 27 at Lexington Catholic 

Oct 4 - BYE

Oct 11 vs. Russell County*

Oct 18 at Lincoln County*

Oct 25 at Wayne County*

Nov 1 vs. Frederick Douglass 

* District Game

GGPmuH0WIAAtdOj.thumb.jpeg.5a58aca0b3c7b132673e1253fc5c7c08.jpeg

So, is this schedule final I assume?

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/2/2024 at 9:39 AM, Arndog said:

I think he left the team when they decided to run a wishbone instead of passing it. That explains why others numbers are higher.

Woodford has been running the flexbone, not wishbone, and even with that, the last couple years they’ve slung it around plenty. 

• 2 weeks later...