2024 Boyle County Rebels 

DevilMayCare

Boyle will be as good as they were last year may be even better on defense.  Several transfers that didn’t get to play last year from Danville. Jakeem Ray is special who could only play JV last year along with Clifton Yocum. You have Driver and Kelly who will play both ways who also are D1 players along with McClure. 

On 4/25/2024 at 4:14 PM, BEChargers said:

I think you might see some Wildcat/direct snap stuff with Q, but I am not worried about the QB position.  Haddix is a QB guy and an offense guy.  He will be able to scheme with what they will have.  He's very creative.  I do not think we will see our QB get flushed and run for 50 yards this year but they should be able to scramble for a first down from time to time.  

Who do you think will be the starting RB? Demauriah Brown? I hate to say this but Brown is not a WR. He looked lost at WR this year. And he wasn't even the second best WR on the team, Geo Brown was. 

23 hours ago, Statsdontlie said:

Who do you think will be the starting RB? Demauriah Brown? I hate to say this but Brown is not a WR. He looked lost at WR this year. And he wasn't even the second best WR on the team, Geo Brown was. 

Not really sure.  Could for sure see Brown move back there.  Could also see JiDyn Smith-Hisel, Gage Feltner, or maybe even Bubby McPherson get significant carries.  They will have SEVERAL options for sure. 

On 4/25/2024 at 2:24 PM, Statsdontlie said:

I heard the QB Transfer from Woodford County quit. Boyle will have no experience at QB next year.  And the two qbs battling it out will not have the same speed as Dawson. Could we see Quisenberry at QB? And the loss of Bodner at RB will be huge also. Boyle will be good but I'm starting to think I don't know if they will be as good as this years team. 

Correct, Nason will be focusing on track. 

• Like 1

On 4/30/2024 at 8:28 AM, Arndog said:

Correct, Nason will be focusing on track. 

I don't know the Young man, but it looks like he made the best decision for him and the team. You would rather it happen now than later toward the beginning of the season. You have to be tough and committed to be the QB at Boyle. I believe Baylor Murphy and Guy Turner both fit that need really well. With the offensive talent that Boyle has the QB needs to be a good game manager and not make any dumb mistakes. Sure Dawson did a great job last year and neither QB can do every thing that he did, but they don't have to. With Haddix being the great QB coach that he is, I feel the Rebels will be just fine at that position this year.

• Like 3