Belfry 56 Clay County 36

12 hours ago, RoCkMaN28 said:

Was this more of how good Clay played or did Belfry play poorly? Just kinda shocked at the 36 points Clay hung and at the same time it was 56-20 at half just seems as tho it may have been a weird type game.

Belfry dominated the game, especially on offense but they played a little sloppy on defense, missing tackles and committing undisciplined penalties.   Halftime score was 56-20 and it was a strange half that took about 1 hour and 40 minutes to complete.  The entire 2nd half Belfry played reserves and Clay played their 1's.  Nothing wrong with it, it was a running clock game and Clay added 2 scores.  It was a good thing for the young guys to go against starters and get in some good work.  

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Watusi said:

Belfry dominated the game, especially on offense but they played a little sloppy on defense, missing tackles and committing undisciplined penalties.   Halftime score was 56-20 and it was a strange half that took about 1 hour and 40 minutes to complete.  The entire 2nd half Belfry played reserves and Clay played their 1's.  Nothing wrong with it, it was a running clock game and Clay added 2 scores.  It was a good thing for the young guys to go against starters and get in some good work.  

Yea I wasn’t sure how to take it really. I know the score was a little off if starters played whole game yet still unlike belfry to allow game be within 3 scores so had me confused.

1 hour ago, RoCkMaN28 said:

Yea I wasn’t sure how to take it really. I know the score was a little off if starters played whole game yet still unlike belfry to allow game be within 3 scores so had me confused.

If Belfry can get by Bell and Rockcastle can take care of Lawrence the looks like the Pirates will make a trip to Rocketland in 2 weeks.  That would be a fun trip imo

15 hours ago, Watusi said:

If Belfry can get by Bell and Rockcastle can take care of Lawrence the looks like the Pirates will make a trip to Rocketland in 2 weeks.  That would be a fun trip imo

That will depend on the Lloyd/East Carter game too. There are a few games throughout the state that you can write in winners with permanent marker but not many in 3A. Central vs CAL may be the only matchup we are assured of in round 3. The rest all depend on each other.