2023 Transfer Portal

TheDeuce

7 hours ago, Brcatz said:

NKU is up to 6 players now.  They should kill the portal. Players could come right into playing time.  

If Horn can add a few guys with athletic length to what he already has returning, the Horizon League will be looking at tail lights next year. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

Does that surprise you?  It surprises me.

Eh, yes and no. He did say just a week or so ago that if he were to return to school, it would be to Louisville. So in that regard it's a bit surprising. But, they sucked last year, and he probably sees the writing on the wall that they are going to suck again. 

He had his issues, but he can be productive at his true position (a 2 guard), IMO, on a well-structured team. 

• Thanks 1

Jeremiah Davenport leaving UC.... Landers Nolley declared for the NBA draft. 

Wes is losing his top 3 shooters between those two and David Dejulius. Going to have to hit the portal hard to replace that production.

I know this has been a Men's portal discussion up until now, but Hailey Van Lith has entered the portal as well.  Wonder if playing the regional in Seattle made her long to play closer to home,  UW, Washington State, Gonzaga?  Or maybe another school close like Oregon?  Hope she doesn't make a boring move to a place that's already loaded like South Carolina or Connecticut.

On 4/8/2023 at 8:57 PM, Tranquility Base said:

I know this has been a Men's portal discussion up until now, but Hailey Van Lith has entered the portal as well.  Wonder if playing the regional in Seattle made her long to play closer to home,  UW, Washington State, Gonzaga?  Or maybe another school close like Oregon?  Hope she doesn't make a boring move to a place that's already loaded like South Carolina or Connecticut.

I'm sure she won't, but my immediate thought was, what if she went to Iowa and played with Clarke and they built some kind of super team? lol

1 hour ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I'm sure she won't, but my immediate thought was, what if she went to Iowa and played with Clarke and they built some kind of super team? lol

Caitlin just needs another Monica Czinano.   Although they lose McKenna Warnock as well.  Another player that is effective at treys would help....But I don't think Van Lith goes to Iowa either.

6 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

More likely to go to LSU or UConn, imo. 

She was a "do not contact" when she entered so she already knows where she's going. 

• Like 1