Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2023 Transfer Portal

Featured Replies

7 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

Heard a stat yesterday afternoon that 21% of all college basketball players are currently in portal. 

I’m not sure if that’s really a good thing or a bad thing.  But I’d say that many, will decide that the grass isn’t always green on the other side.  Just a question of when they figure it out.  

  • Replies 126
  • Views 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • You're not making sense to me. 

  • Why should young men be penalized for looking out for number one?

  • Adrian Woj Burner
    Adrian Woj Burner

    These young kids are bribed with many things by full grown adults such as a starting spot, number of shots, and many many more. Majority of the time, these things never hold up. Also other factor

Posted Images

Ugonna Onyenso has announced his return to Kentucky as his handlers now realize he wouldn't make more nil money anywhere else.

St. Johns and Coach Pitino has got Nahiem Alleyne a key contributor from UConn to commit to the Red Storm.

31 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

St. Johns and Coach Pitino has got Nahiem Alleyne a key contributor from UConn to commit to the Red Storm.

Wow, this looks to be all about Alleyne.

2 hours ago, 4 Quarters said:

Wow, this looks to be all about Alleyne.

Here comes Ricky P, basketball at StJohn’s blasting off big time!!!!!

14 hours ago, nikeman49 said:

Here comes Ricky P, basketball at StJohn’s blasting off big time!!!!!

You got a new favorite team?

I just saw an article yesterday that Michigan's Hunter Dickinson could come to the Cats depending on what Oscar Tshiebwe ends up doing.

5 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

You got a new favorite team?

Pitino has always been my favorite coach, just like his style and coaching ability.

21 hours ago, nikeman49 said:

Here comes Ricky P, basketball at StJohn’s blasting off big time!!!!!

Adding a player that only averaged 5 points per game last year is blasting off big time? When the other finalist for him was only teams like Georgia, California, etc. He also has only added transfers from Iona and VMI. 
 

I'm not sure I would call any of those moves as blasting off big time. Just a normal rebuilding of a roster that almost every team has to go through every year now with the transfer portal. 
 

I think Pitino is going to do a great job and will get St. John’s back on the map sooner rather than later, because he is a great coach. However, let’s not act like these signings so far are these huge wins that was unexpected in the recruiting/transfer department.  

6 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

I just saw an article yesterday that Michigan's Hunter Dickinson could come to the Cats depending on what Oscar Tshiebwe ends up doing.

Yeah that seems to be pretty well known. I know UK met virtually with Dickinson about two weeks ago. Definitely a mutual interest there, but it all depends on Oscar, and if Dickinson is willing to wait another month possibly to see what Oscar does. 

3 hours ago, futurecoach said:

Adding a player that only averaged 5 points per game last year is blasting off big time? When the other finalist for him was only teams like Georgia, California, etc. He also has only added transfers from Iona and VMI. 
 

I'm not sure I would call any of those moves as blasting off big time. Just a normal rebuilding of a roster that almost every team has to go through every year now with the transfer portal. 
 

I think Pitino is going to do a great job and will get St. John’s back on the map sooner rather than later, because he is a great coach. However, let’s not act like these signings so far are these huge wins that was unexpected in the recruiting/transfer department.  

Pitino gets players to regain confidence and play better than they ever have previously, and yes, StJohn’s is going to be a force immediately, so get ready!!

16 hours ago, nikeman49 said:

Pitino gets players to regain confidence and play better than they ever have previously, and yes, StJohn’s is going to be a force immediately, so get ready!!

I still can’t believe he has only won two titles in his great career. The way some people talk on here, you would assume he would have won a title at least every other year in his career. I especially have no idea how in 2012 and 2014 when he had legit title contending teams that  he lost to a Calipari coached team. Pitino’s great coaching ability alone should have easily allowed him to win, and not get knocked out by a coach like Calipari. 
 

Now all joking aside. I do agree though that he will definitely get them turned around. Calipari and Pitino are the only coaches ever to take three different schools to the final four.  So as Pitino said he wants to try to break that tie with Calipari. I do think he will get St. John’s into a final four contending team eventually, because that is what he and Calipari do. They get programs turned around. 

  • Author
8 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

I especially have no idea how in 2012 and 2014 when he had legit title contending teams that  he lost to a Calipari coached team.

I know you were joking, but 2012 and 2014 were definitely not "legit title contending teams," regardless of the runs they made. 

4 hours ago, futurecoach said:

I still can’t believe he has only won two titles in his great career. The way some people talk on here, you would assume he would have won a title at least every other year in his career. I especially have no idea how in 2012 and 2014 when he had legit title contending teams that  he lost to a Calipari coached team. Pitino’s great coaching ability alone should have easily allowed him to win, and not get knocked out by a coach like Calipari. 
 

Now all joking aside. I do agree though that he will definitely get them turned around. Calipari and Pitino are the only coaches ever to take three different schools to the final four.  So as Pitino said he wants to try to break that tie with Calipari. I do think he will get St. John’s into a final four contending team eventually, because that is what he and Calipari do. They get programs turned around. 

Give me Pitino over Cal ever single time when comparing any aspect of coaching, that’s just my opinion.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.