Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2023 Transfer Portal

Featured Replies

1 minute ago, theguru said:

You're not making sense to me. 

Why, are you enjoying happy hour, nothing wrong with that. LOL

  • Replies 126
  • Views 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • You're not making sense to me. 

  • Why should young men be penalized for looking out for number one?

  • Adrian Woj Burner
    Adrian Woj Burner

    These young kids are bribed with many things by full grown adults such as a starting spot, number of shots, and many many more. Majority of the time, these things never hold up. Also other factor

Posted Images

1 minute ago, 4 Quarters said:

Why, are you enjoying happy hour, nothing wrong with that. LOL

Not at all, working on my post workout meal. 

31 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said:

You made a commitment, if you break the commitment,  you should have to pay the penalty.

These young kids are bribed with many things by full grown adults such as a starting spot, number of shots, and many many more. Majority of the time, these things never hold up.

Also other factors such as coaches and supporting staff leaving.

2 minutes ago, theguru said:

Not at all, working on my post workout meal. 

I'll blow out of here for now, you need to keep your mind on your meal.

38 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said:

I'll blow out of here for now, you need to keep your mind on your meal.

All finished and the kitchen is clean. ?

1 hour ago, Adrian Woj Burner said:

These young kids are bribed with many things by full grown adults such as a starting spot, number of shots, and many many more. Majority of the time, these things never hold up.

Also other factors such as coaches and supporting staff leaving.

Yes, some of these kids are sold a bill of goods, as we all are in life, but bribed, I don't so.

Coaches and staffs are a different thread.

I was all in favor of being able to transfer without penalty before NIL came along. However, honestly I think that they should go back to the old rule of having to sit out a year now with the NIL deals. This would help prevent schools from trying to contact other schools players to get them to enter the portal by trying to lure them away with big NIL deals. Right now some schools can wait to see a player do really well, then try to steal them by offering then big NIL deals even before they enter the portal. 
 

Which I love that NIL deals are now apart of college, but I do think there needs to be some structure to it even if they don’t make them sit out a year. Even in professional sports they have contracts to keep a player on a team for a few years. Right now a player can have an NIL deal, then enter the portal the very next year and see which school will give them the next best NIL deal. By making them have to sit out a year again, it could prevent some of that. 
 

I do think there should be some exceptions though. If a coach leaves, then a player can leave with no penalty. I also think the free grad transfer rule should stay in place. If a player graduates early, they should be free to transfer anywhere without penalty. 

What about the players who are "encouraged" to enter the portal from their current staff?  That happens as well!  

What if a player is subject to "pay back" any NIL money they have made from a school if they leave that school?

4 hours ago, okie1 said:

What about the players who are "encouraged" to enter the portal from their current staff?  That happens as well!  

What if a player is subject to "pay back" any NIL money they have made from a school if they leave that school?

In your first paragraph I think if a school takes away a player’s scholarship (which is always year to year) then that player should be free to transfer without penalty obviously. 

What happens if no one picks a player up? Do they lose their spot form where they came from. I know scholarships are year to year but I think if you stay in one place you will still get your scholarship.  Have it ever happen where some one went in the portal and didn't get picked up?

17 hours ago, dshoe40 said:

What happens if no one picks a player up? Do they lose their spot form where they came from. I know scholarships are year to year but I think if you stay in one place you will still get your scholarship.  Have it ever happen where some one went in the portal and didn't get picked up?

 

17 hours ago, dshoe40 said:

What happens if no one picks a player up? Do they lose their spot form where they came from. I know scholarships are year to year but I think if you stay in one place you will still get your scholarship.  Have it ever happen where some one went in the portal and didn't get picked up?

Once a player enters the portal, most of the time they are not welcomed back to the school they were at...

  • Author
On 3/14/2023 at 5:46 PM, 4 Quarters said:

You made a commitment, if you break the commitment,  you should have to pay the penalty.

What's the penalty for schools pulling scholarships?

  • Author
On 3/15/2023 at 9:00 AM, futurecoach said:

I was all in favor of being able to transfer without penalty before NIL came along. However, honestly I think that they should go back to the old rule of having to sit out a year now with the NIL deals. This would help prevent schools from trying to contact other schools players to get them to enter the portal by trying to lure them away with big NIL deals. Right now some schools can wait to see a player do really well, then try to steal them by offering then big NIL deals even before they enter the portal. 
 

Which I love that NIL deals are now apart of college, but I do think there needs to be some structure to it even if they don’t make them sit out a year. Even in professional sports they have contracts to keep a player on a team for a few years. Right now a player can have an NIL deal, then enter the portal the very next year and see which school will give them the next best NIL deal. By making them have to sit out a year again, it could prevent some of that. 
 

I do think there should be some exceptions though. If a coach leaves, then a player can leave with no penalty. I also think the free grad transfer rule should stay in place. If a player graduates early, they should be free to transfer anywhere without penalty. 

I agree that NIL will have to be reeled in at some point. 

Scholarships are one year renewable. Coaches lose credibility when they don't renew......but just wait.....some coach will not renew four or five and hit the portal to replace them. I have no idea how coaches build a PROGRAM any longer. They just build a team season by season.

4 minutes ago, 9068 said:

Scholarships are one year renewable. Coaches lose credibility when they don't renew......but just wait.....some coach will not renew four or five and hit the portal to replace them. I have no idea how coaches build a PROGRAM any longer. They just build a team season by season.

When everyone has a choice things change quick. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.