2023 Transfer Portal

TheDeuce

On 4/17/2023 at 1:39 PM, Tranquility Base said:

El Ellis is now out of the portal, having joined the Arkansas Razorbacks.

Mussleman has crushed it in the transfer portal this off-season.

He's added Tramon Mark, Khalif Battle, Jeremiah Davenport, and now El Ellis. A lot of scoring and guard depth there.

On 4/21/2023 at 10:33 AM, Jack of all Trades said:

Not surprised.  Say he ends up at Xavier.

That's my first thought as well.  Not sure when he is getting married and or where he and the wife are looking to land.  I'd imagine that could be a factor.  I know Frederick's time at Kentucky didn't pan out the way anyone had hoped, but I'd love to see him on the staff at UK down the road.  

On 4/19/2023 at 2:34 PM, nikeman49 said:

Give me Pitino over Cal ever single time when comparing any aspect of coaching, that’s just my opinion.

That’s perfectly fine. I have no issue if someone prefers Pitino over Cal if they had to choose. Personally I preferred Pitino’s style of play better, and if I had to pick between Calipari and Pitino to be my teams coach for one game to win one million dollars. I would pick Pitino for to be my coach for that one game. 

The only reason I ever push back on things in regards to Cal. Is some of you all have this intense love for Pitino and act like he is 100 times better than Calipari, and Calipari just sucks and can’t do anything right. Yet their resumes for their careers are almost identical in every  aspect. From wins, taking multiple teams to final fours, their NBA careers, to their head to head record against each other. They are literally almost the exact same coach in regards to their career resume. So Calipari must be a lot better than you all give him credit for, if he has been able to accomplish basically the same thing as Pitino has for his career even though you all act like Pitino can do no wrong as a coach and Calipari is horrible. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, futurecoach said:

That’s perfectly fine. I have no issue if someone prefers Pitino over Cal if they had to choose. Personally I preferred Pitino’s style of play better, and if I had to pick between Calipari and Pitino to be my teams coach for one game to win one million dollars. I would pick Pitino for to be my coach for that one game. 

The only reason I ever push back on things in regards to Cal. Is some of you all have this intense love for Pitino and act like he is 100 times better than Calipari, and Calipari just sucks and can’t do anything right. Yet their resumes for their careers are almost identical in every  aspect. From wins, taking multiple teams to final fours, their NBA careers, to their head to head record against each other. They are literally almost the exact same coach in regards to their career resume. So Calipari must be a lot better than you all give him credit for, if he has been able to accomplish basically the same thing as Pitino has for his career even though you all act like Pitino can do no wrong as a coach and Calipari is horrible. 

Hmmmm, do you have any mirrors in your house?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

All pride has gotten him so far is 3 mediocre seasons in the power 5.    With UC headed into the Big XII and XU sitting in the same conference as the defending champs....  Define insanity.

No debate here, I totally agree.