Holy Cross 49 Holmes 44 OT

Gallant effort by the undermanned Bulldogs, minus four starters.

Listened to the game online.....horrible reception.

HC was up 7 at the half 21-14, then Holmes rode a hot 3rd quarter and was up 32-25 after three. Roles reversed in the 4th as HC knotted the game at 39 and missed a shot for the win at the horn. Holmes was up 3 with over a minute to play in the game...

Sounds like Holmes ran out of a lttle gas in the extra frame.

Henley coached a great game! He took the air out of the ball and made every possession paramount ala Clay Eifert. It was weird watching Holmes come out in a 2-3 zone and being super patient on offense. The roles were reversed, usually HC does that to offset Holmes superior talent. Tonight, Holmes did it to offset HC's superior talent since the suspensions. It nearly worked to perfection. It would have worked if not for Corey Sorrell. He was 6/10 on threes with 6 boards and three assists playing 36 minutes. I think he showed some people tonight that he's the real deal.He finished with 20 points.

I was impressed with Austin Hill too. He finished with 15 points and 12 rebounds while also playing all 36 minutes. He didn't try to do too much and he let the guys around him play their games.

I really wish the Bulldogs were at full strength and played their usual style vs the patient offense style. It would have been a classic shootout like we've seen in the past.

Henley gave his shorthanded team a great chance to win the game and under the circumstances, that's all you can ask.

Wow, I am very surprised by this score. I just want to say congrats to the Holmes boys who stepped up when given the chance. Also, that Austin Hill impresses me more and more. What a leader. He may not have been able to lead the Dogs to victory but the fact that he keeps his nose clean, works hard and sets a good example says more than anything.

Wow, I am very surprised by this score. I just want to say congrats to the Holmes boys who stepped up when given the chance. Also, that Austin Hill impresses me more and more. What a leader. He may not have been able to lead the Dogs to victory but the fact that he keeps his nose clean, works hard and sets a good example says more than anything.

I agree on Austin and the rest of the young men of Holmes who represented their team and school last night.... If I were a school board member, or even a member of the school administration, I would say who needs the six suspended players, we did just fine with the team we had on the floor and on the bench...... Sometimes in losing, you win, and these young men, their Coach and Holmes won last night, no matter what the scoreboard read.... Congrats again to the fine young men who did play or were part of the team last night......

Holmes lost the game but earned some very needed respect. The non-starters might have just let the starters know that with a few more games under their (the subs) belts, the starters might not be as important as they think.

Great point let these YOUNG MEN see what they have done to there team and school. As a former Bulldog nothing hurts more than a loss to the Indians. Good job HC a win is a win and Holmes should have never been in this position.

Will this hurt Austin with a chance for a D1 school? Having to play a important stretch without some key team members.

I agree on Austin and the rest of the young men of Holmes who represented their team and school last night.... If I were a school board member, or even a member of the school administration, I would say who needs the six suspended players, we did just fine with the team we had on the floor and on the bench...... Sometimes in losing, you win, and these young men, their Coach and Holmes won last night, no matter what the scoreboard read.... Congrats again to the fine young men who did play or were part of the team last night......

Couldn't agree more after all this kids are there to learn and I hope the kids suspended have learned what there actions have cost them. Hopefuly Coach Henley doesnt let them return when the time comes. Pickup some players walking the halls.

No influence one way or the other.

It can only improve his chances at a D1 school. Why? He has had as much problems to deal with as anyone his age could, and he has come out of it with his head held high. What coach wouldn't want a player with the skill he has not only on the floor, but also with the ability to over come all of it, on their team.....