Scrimmaging against boys

Sorry crimedoc I misread your post.

Unless they are on staff they cannot do drills either.

But you are allowed to have volunteer coaches, correct? What if they are volunteer coaches?

Coaches are always looking for away to slide around the rules. For example, you cannot work on basketball drills in preseason conditioning. But you can work lateral slides (NOT defensive slides) into your preseason conditioning plan. Correct footwork, speed moving side-to-side, etc.:sssh: ;)

But you are allowed to have volunteer coaches, correct? What if they are volunteer coaches?

Coaches are always looking for away to slide around the rules. For example, you cannot work on basketball drills in preseason conditioning. But you can work lateral slides (NOT defensive slides) into your preseason conditioning plan. Correct footwork, speed moving side-to-side, etc.:sssh: ;)

Nope, no such thing as "volunteer" coaches anymore in the state of KY.

Nope, no such thing as "volunteer" coaches anymore in the state of KY.

Please explain. You can't have coaches on your staff that you are not paying?

Also, it got to the point my female players especially the best ones were requesting to scrimmage against the boys because they knew it made them better.

There are coaches not paid all over this great state and that is a fact.

When I was coaching I would have violated this rule once to twice a week for sure. We had no choice as ladiesbballcoach has said on here. My younger players could not challenge us the way our opponents did and we had to change something up.

It my honest opinion it is a silly rule, a very silly rule. If these kids come from w/in your school there should be no problem at all. Our boys were more than willing to help and was ALWAYS respectful and willing to really help us in any capacity.

All coaches are supposed to be listed to their school for background checks, etc. I think that is what they are talking about, not the fact of if they are paid or not.

At our school distict if you are chaperoning your child's school trip, then you have a training and background check or you don't go.