What's the Rule #2

Never seen or heard of this happeniong , I was just curious:

A game between bitter rivals goes to overtime. As the horn to end regulation sounds, a player from team "A" shoves a player from team "B" with no retaliation. The referee calls a Technical foul on Team A. Here's the question:

Do the free throws occur at the end of regulation. meaning if "b" scores, the game ends, or do the free throws occur before the tip to OT, and play resumes??

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never seen or heard of this happeniong , I was just curious:

A game between bitter rivals goes to overtime. As the horn to end regulation sounds, a player from team "A" shoves a player from team "B" with no retaliation. The referee calls a Technical foul on Team A. Here's the question:

Do the free throws occur at the end of regulation. meaning if "b" scores, the game ends, or do the free throws occur before the tip to OT, and play resumes??

OT starts with the technical foul shots. OT then begins.

That's what I thought the answer was, thanks! As for friendly rivals , the coaches meet at center court for a best of 7 game of rock-paper-scissors to determine the winner!

Clever. Very clever.

I like it.

Frances

PS - after the outcome of the game has been decided, do both teams lineup for handshakes, or does it become an exchange of hugs?

Actually they line up at center court, hold hands while "Friends" by Michael W. Smith plays on the PA.

I'm already getting that warm, fuzzy feeling I get when I fold towels.

On the other hand, at this point, would the "bitter" rivals have resorted to a brawl, or would it be a full blown knife fight between the parents?

Frances

PS - I wish CSHS81 would get back to us with his findings from digging deeper into the rule book. I'm afraid that if we don't get some solid facts soon, this could slowly devolve into mere speculation when some uninformed member strays into this thread.

I'm already getting that warm, fuzzy feeling I get when I fold towels.

On the other hand, at this point, would the "bitter" rivals have resorted to a brawl, or would it be a full blown knife fight between the parents?

Frances

PS - I wish CSHS81 would get back to us with his findings from digging deeper into the rule book. I'm afraid that if we don't get some solid facts soon, this could slowly devolve into mere speculation when some uninformed member strays into this thread.

Maybe the bitter rivals need to cut back on their consumption of lemon juice.

Maybe the bitter rivals need to cut back on their consumption of lemon juice.

OOOOOOHHHHHHH

That pun was beneath you, LBBC. I've come to not expect much from you, but this ...... well ..... it was a new low.

Frances

PS - I'm tying to come up with an even worse pun, but I can't seem to find one.