Bowling Green at Southwestern Predictions/Updates

Purple88

Who Wins this game?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this game?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/25/2022 at 05:30 PM

2 hours ago, Thakattack said:

Turf field just put in.  
Parking is unlimited.  
There are multiple places to eat.  Such as Reno’s, it’s a local steakhouse that I recommend.  There are other steak houses as well. 
Sonny’s BBQ is a great bbq place as well.  
just get on Hwy 127 and drive up and down it.  You will find anything you like 

Thank you Thakattack and @Randy Parker!  Really appreciate this!

3 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Here is how the opponent schedules stack up, ranked in order of opponent:

1. Bowling Green loss to St. X 31-0

2. Southwestern win over Scott County 23-22

3. Bowling Green loss to Boyle County 35-12

4. Southwestern win over Simon Kenton 34-19

5. Southwestern win over Pulaski County 31-20

6. Bowling Green win over Father Ryan 46-45

7. Southwestern win over Madison Central 36-0

8. Bowling Green win over South Warren twice, 34-0 and 28-24

9. Bowling Green win over Greenwood 35-7

10. Bowling Green win over Pleasure Ridge Park 42-14

Overall strength of schedule is a dead heat between the two.

Looking at how each has fared against their toughest opponents, edge to Southwestern.

Not that it matters too much, but I think you had a typo on the BG - Boyle score.  I think you may have flipped the numbers on accident, BG scored 21.

Great post though, very informative.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Purple88 said:

I don't know what type defense Southwestern runs but hoping others including my man @WishboneCity, who told us not to sleep on SW last week, can tell us about that.

You should see a pretty good variety of defenses on Friday; especially given how much the Purples like to spread it out and sling it. As you alluded to, Mink is a total game wrecker. Freak show athlete for his size and he plays all over the field. He is someone that you should keep your eye on. 

While the Southwestern defense looked great last week, this will be an entirely different matchup. I’m excited to see how this one turns out. 

IMO if the Warriors can let it all hang out like they did against Scott Co. they will win this game. If not, the Purples will go to Lexington. 

• Thanks 1

It is going to be a classic post season contest between two good teams. Nothing beats high school football, IMO.

Here’s a few questions I’d like to ask Southwestern fans…

Who were the best player/athletes you’ve faced this year? What position did they play and why were they considered a threat?

What teams have you played that threw the ball more than ran the ball?

How is your D-Line?

Special Teams? Does your kicker put it in end zone on kickoffs?

Purples D has improved all year. I would think that Sothwestern haven’t faced a team this year with more scoring potential than the Purples. I would also think the Purples are the fastest team they will face this season. 

Hoping rain stays away. Gonna be a good one!  

• Like 6

What a great matchup.  I wouldn’t be surprised if either team won.  Smash mouth from SW and they looked impressive against Scott County.  BG very composed QB and they expect to win these games.  I would THINK BG has a speed advantage, and a very diversified offense.  The winner will be the one who controls LOS.  Turnover battle will be huge, but if there are none I’ll roll with BG by 2 TD’s.

Purples 34-20.

• Like 2

In years past, I would vote BG without much hesitation, but the "Warrior" spirit possessed by this bunch from Pulaski County has me on the fence.

They quickly fell behind Scott County by two scores and came back by moving away from the strength of their team and pitching the ball around the field. Whatever it takes to get the job done.

The Purples are the more dynamic, athletic team with big play potential throughout the lineup, but Southwestern won't be discouraged if they fall behind early. Last week was a giant leap forward for their program. They will fight tooth and nail to survive another week.

Bowling Green has to take the fight to Southwestern and not wait for the Warriors to hand it to them. That's not in Southwestern's DNA. If the Purples win, it'll be because they have some guys that Southwestern doesn't. Deuce Bailey is a good place to start.

• Like 2

I think it comes down to if BG's offense is consistently playing well for most of the game. If it is, then it's game over. Now if SW's defense can make some plays, if weather is a big factor, if BG's offense struggles, dropping balls, turnovers, and leaving points off the board, then it will probably be a battle.  

• Like 1