Bowling Green at Southwestern Predictions/Updates

Purple88

Who Wins this game?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this game?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/25/2022 at 05:30 PM

16 hours ago, VF111 said:

Southwest is clearly a talented team, Scott Co. was an excellent team with quite the impressive resume, and Douglas is without a doubt the most physically talented team in the state… that said for the message board fans of those three schools, who since 2011 have combined to win one state title, to scoff at Bowling Green, a team that has won six state titles in that same time span, seems a little presumptuous. 

BG does not have the D1 stockpile Douglas has, does not have the unblemished record that Southwest has, nor do they have the strength of schedule Scott had… we will see if those intangibles win out against the Purples. 

I for one, like the Purples chances. 

I'll state the obvious. BG never had to challenge the 6A big 3 from the 502 for their hardware during that run. So, that kinda renders your statement moot.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Hungover_in_Andover said:

I'll state the obvious. BG never had to challenge the 6A big 3 from the 502 for their hardware during that run. So, that kinda renders your statement moot.

BG played St. X every one of those years, played Trinity in 2019 and 2020, and scrimmaged Male quite a few times…

Actually, from 2011 to present, Scott Co. played the “Big 3” FIVE times… during that same span, BG played them FOURTEEN times. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hungover_in_Andover said:

What are you talking about? We've played Saint X every year since 2011, check your facts "Mr. Established in 2018." Worry about the Devils and winning 1 before talking like that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This is a warning to everyone in this thread, Rule 2 reads in part:

2. No disparaging, taunting, or boastful comments--especially between opponents trying to intimidate each other. This includes, name calling or personal attacks toward any member, username, team, or school. Additionally this includes a pattern of posts that inflames or incites other posters (i.e. trolling or gaslighting). 

1 hour ago, VF111 said:

BG played St. X every one of those years, played Trinity in 2019 and 2020, and scrimmaged Male quite a few times…

Actually, from 2011 to present, Scott Co. played the “Big 3” FIVE times… during that same span, BG played them FOURTEEN times. 

Was that in the playoffs?

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, VF111 said:

Sooooooo BG played X, T or H in the playoffs? Lol. That was my point.  Enjoy your dressing and turkey sir.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Redheat said:

Was that in the playoffs?

Is this because we're not in the same class as the big 3? They've always been in 6A and we've been in 5A. So there wasn't any shot for us to "go through" them for hardware. So I simply changed the dumb question into a relevant one. You must be a genius in Scott County.