Bowling Green at Southwestern Predictions/Updates

Purple88

Who Wins this game?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this game?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/25/2022 at 05:30 PM

On 11/20/2022 at 9:01 AM, Voice of Reason said:

Here is how the opponent schedules stack up, ranked in order of opponent:

1. Bowling Green loss to St. X 31-0

2. Southwestern win over Scott County 23-22

3. Bowling Green loss to Boyle County 35-12

4. Southwestern win over Simon Kenton 34-19

5. Southwestern win over Pulaski County 31-20

6. Bowling Green win over Father Ryan 46-45

7. Southwestern win over Madison Central 36-0

8. Bowling Green win over South Warren twice, 34-0 and 28-24

9. Bowling Green win over Greenwood 35-7

10. Bowling Green win over Pleasure Ridge Park 42-14

Overall strength of schedule is a dead heat between the two.

Looking at how each has fared against their toughest opponents, edge to Southwestern.

Father Ryan went 2-9 and that seems to be BG’s best win? 

The two wins over South Warren are definitely more impressive. 

• Like 2

I'm not sure how the youth of the Purples plays out in this one. A very successful year all things considered. Perhaps even "arrived a year early".

Admittedly, I know very little about the Warriors. 

What I do know, is the progression of Deuce Bailey has been outstanding from year one to year two. If he is on his game, I like the team from Bowling Green.

The run defense of BG will be tested time and time again. While it may have improved over the course of the season, it is still most likely the most vulnerable part of this team. We will see if the Purps can rise to the challenge.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Redheat said:

@PhenomxX The purples ignored me because you lost to the only 2 good teams you played this year.

Father Ryan/St. X/South Warren (maybe) would beat the brakes off your Cardinals... You're talking like SW has played a comparable schedule, come on man. Much respect to the Warriors on a great run and winning ALL their regular season games, since that's all that matters to some. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PhenomxX said:

Father Ryan/St. X/South Warren (maybe) would beat the brakes off your Cardinals... You're talking like SW has played a comparable schedule, come on man. Much respect to the Warriors on a great run and winning ALL their regular season games, since that's all that matters to some. 

Deep breath.

Father Ryan got beat by Clarksville Northeast. They would not beat Scott Co.

South Warren would most likely get clocked.

I understand the emotion that ties in to this and our Purples will come play hard for four quarters. But the SOS this year, along with the teams total resume... The best win is probably Greenwood. And that's OK. Schedules aren't going to decide who wins on Friday.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, BillNye said:

Deep breath.

Father Ryan got beat by Clarksville Northeast. They would not beat Scott Co.

South Warren would most likely get clocked.

I understand the emotion that ties in to this and our Purples will come play hard for four quarters. But the SOS this year, along with the teams total resume... The best win is probably Greenwood. And that's OK. Schedules aren't going to decide who wins on Friday.

I agree with the South Warren take. You're right with the point that schedules aren't going to decide the winner, but neither is the first scrimmage of the year... We've come a long way on defense since that Scott County SCRIMMAGE, we've responded well to heavy running attacks since then (S. Oldham, South Warren PT 2). Still taking BG by 3 scores.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PhenomxX said:

I agree with the South Warren take. You're right with the point that schedules aren't going to decide the winner, but neither is the first scrimmage of the year... We've come a long way on defense since that Scott County SCRIMMAGE, we've responded well to heavy running attacks since then (S. Oldham, South Warren PT 2). Still taking BG by 3 scores.

I never said anything about a scrimmage. Just saying there is no point in using the schedule to determine who Scott County would or would not beat when it comes to this game. Don't believe it gives any indication at all on who will win.

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, BillNye said:

I never said anything about a scrimmage. Just saying there is no point in using the schedule to determine who Scott County would or would not beat when it comes to this game. Don't believe it gives any indication at all on who will win.

The scrimmage comments are for our friend from Scott, who keeps bringing it up.. I agree with you man, only thing that's going to decide the outcome in the action between the whistles. I believe that if BG can score quickly (not necessarily often) and get SW behind the chains on early downs, we're at Kroger next week.

• Thanks 1

This isn't related to the game but I noticed that both Male and Bowling Green both have "H" as their logo at midfield why is that?

As it pertains to male I played there a few years ago and was told that they have the "H" because Manuel has the "M" on their field and that Manuel won a rivalry game a long time ago which gave them the right to the "M". But I wasn't sure on how accurate that was. 

Does anyone know the story behind the "H" at midfield for both?

4 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Strength of schedule is arguably more important than a win loss record in determining quality of a team. 

Completely disagree; this is a hill I will die on too. Strength of schedule does not matter a lick. Taylor County Middle School could schedule Trinity, Saint X, Mater Dei, Alabama, and Notre Dame and lose to all of them— but they would have the best strength of schedule in the state… 

Strength of RECORD is what matters the most. It does no good, in my eyes, that you “played tough teams”. Any team can “play tough teams”. You have to beat them to prove your quality. 

In the case of Father Ryan, I don’t care how many good teams they played—they didn’t beat any of them. They shouldn’t get brownie points because their nine losses came to tough teams. 

Sorry for the rant. I get fired up over this stuff during CFP season.

With all of this being said, if you deny that Scott Co. is the best team that best team that either Southwestern or BG defeated, I don’t know what to tell you. Does that mean Southwestern is better? No. You have to play the game to find that out. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

15 minutes ago, PhenomxX said:

Did you add Region champs to our resume friend? How weak is Scott's resume bud?

We beat 2 of the 4 6a teams in the semis and 1 of the 4a teams in the semis. With the west being weaker than normal this yea, I know we played a lot tougher schedule than BG.

• Confused 2