Hazard vs. Bardstown Predictions/Updates

Bac2369

Who wins this matchup?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

This poll is closed to new votes

This matchup is set to happen at Eastern Kentucky University. Hazard comes into the matchup at 5-1 on the season. Bardstown comes into this at 7-0 on the season. 
 Hazard could pick up some huge RPI points if they can get a win. Hazard will more than likely be without its big wide receiver Landon Smith who has two game winning catches this season. Smith went down late 2nd quarter against Somerset. Hazard will look to put even more of senior Max Johnson in this matchup.

Bardstown took a blow to its offense a few weeks back losing TJ Greenwell for the season. Bardstown offense has adjusted quite well to the loss, with Tyleeq Williams carrying the load. Quarterback Brayden Clark has been very efficient on the season completing over 70% of his passes.  Bardstowns defense is only allowing an average of just over 12 points per game.

Who wins this matchup at of historic programs? Does Hazard get a HUGE RPI win? Does Bardstown remain undefeated?

• Thanks 1

Very much looking forward to this Fall Break game at Roy Kidd Stadium.

Bardstown is reeling. Fresh off the heels of losing our best player, RB/OLB T.J. Greenwell, for the season due to a torn ACL, the Tigers Friday night lost QB Brayden Clark to a broken collarbone on his non-throwing shoulder. Clark is a blue-collar storybook success story who is a highly respected quiet leader of his team whom was having an outstanding year, and the postgame Senior Night celebration was among the most somber and even despondent scenes I have seen in my 32 years following this school.

While very troubled, I nevertheless know that the Tigers of 2022 are a close-knit, unselfish group of junkyard dogs who rarely get too high or too low. They do not bicker and argue. There are no prima  donnas. They are mostly sophomores and juniors. I have no doubt that the staff will find a way to turn their grief to unity this week and rally the troops in time to give the Class A RPI leader a ballgame.

But, the reality is stark, this indeed is a good chance for the Bulldogs to gain a tremendous RPI boost with a win against a 3A leader.

3 hours ago, Hearsay said:

Very much looking forward to this Fall Break game at Roy Kidd Stadium.

Bardstown is reeling. Fresh off the heels of losing our best player, RB/OLB T.J. Greenwell, for the season due to a torn ACL, the Tigers Friday night lost QB Brayden Clark to a broken collarbone on his non-throwing shoulder. Clark is a blue-collar storybook success story who is a highly respected quiet leader of his team whom was having an outstanding year, and the postgame Senior Night celebration was among the most somber and even despondent scenes I have seen in my 32 years following this school.

While very troubled, I nevertheless know that the Tigers of 2022 are a close-knit, unselfish group of junkyard dogs who rarely get too high or too low. They do not bicker and argue. There are no prima  donnas. They are mostly sophomores and juniors. I have no doubt that the staff will find a way to turn their grief to unity this week and rally the troops in time to give the Class A RPI leader a ballgame.

But, the reality is stark, this indeed is a good chance for the Bulldogs to gain a tremendous RPI boost with a win against a 3A leader.

Prayers for Clark. His numbers at quarterback are outstanding. Very accurate and precise. Who is going to step in for him? I really hope I am able and capable of making it to watch this one. I'm very excited to see these two battle it out.

1 minute ago, Bac2369 said:

Prayers for Clark. His numbers at quarterback are outstanding. Very accurate and precise. Who is going to step in for him? I really hope I am able and capable of making it to watch this one. I'm very excited to see these two battle it out.

On Friday night they put in sophomore QB Amonti Marshall and he promptly threw his first varsity TD pass. However, there are some options I understand they are considering, so I don’t really know. As you know at a small school (Bardstown is one of the smaller enrollment 3A schools) there are a lot of two-way players and therefore a lot of shuffling.

10 minutes ago, Hearsay said:

On Friday night they put in sophomore QB Amonti Marshall and he promptly threw his first varsity TD pass. However, there are some options I understand they are considering, so I don’t really know. As you know at a small school (Bardstown is one of the smaller enrollment 3A schools) there are a lot of two-way players and therefore a lot of shuffling.

That’s great. Yes depth is definitely issue at the smaller schools. Hazard has several kids who go both ways. I know Bardstown does too. 

If Bardstown was completely healthy I think they win this game handily, but as it stands right now, I feel with all the injuries and uncertainty for the Tigers, they could very well have a little let down while guys adjust to new roles and the added pressure to perform at an even higher level to make up for the lost production. So I'm going to go with Hazard in this one.  Hazard 28-21

3 minutes ago, Hearsay said:

Of course, the link states that it is being broadcast from Hazard, KY, but this one is at Roy Kidd Stadium in Richmond.

I have no idea what the software allows when you input games so no biggie there.  I just wish the schools would put more effort into creating quality broadcasts.  I know I (and others) bang on the NFHS but a lot of time it is just schools going through the motions instead of doing something right.  Imagine that...

10 minutes ago, theguru said:

I have no idea what the software allows when you input games so no biggie there.  I just wish the schools would put more effort into creating quality broadcasts.  I know I (and others) bang on the NFHS but a lot of time it is just schools going through the motions instead of doing something right.  Imagine that...

We do OK on YouTube Live for home games, but we don’t bring anything to away games so I echo your sentiment.

• Like 1

Just now, Hearsay said:

We do OK on YouTube Live for home games, but we don’t bring anything to away games so I echo your sentiment.

Youtube is where it is at.  Unless a school is going to use a service like BOXCAST, which is excellent, I wish they would use Youtube and quit the NFHS.  Part of the issue with schools and the NFHS is the shared responsibility and therefore no accountability.  

9 minutes ago, theguru said:

Youtube is where it is at.  Unless a school is going to use a service like BOXCAST, which is excellent, I wish they would use Youtube and quit the NFHS.  Part of the issue with schools and the NFHS is the shared responsibility and therefore no accountability.  

I lied. Apparently our away games are on YouTube Live also, so good on us.

• theguru changed the title to Hazard vs. Bardstown Predictions/Updates
22 minutes ago, Hearsay said:

The hits just keep coming for the Tigers.  A starting lineman is now out Friday after suffering a concussion in a car accident that occurred coming home from the game Friday night.  I never did see the beat.

Prayers for this young man and his family involved.. seems like when it rains it poors.