Corbin 83 Whitley County 62

Corbin had a comfortable lead for the most part but Whitley made it close towards the end of the 3rd by cutting it to 8. Corbin then pulled away to win by 21. Good effort by Whitley and Corbin both. Coach Deaton has the colonels playing good ball. 21 point loss is a lot better than the 54 point loss early in the year. With Deaton at the helm, these margins will get closer and closer as the years go by.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would expect that the coach that only won by 21 when they had beaten the by over 50 last time would say that. Hamblin was the difference with his three pointers to start the 4th quarter. Whitley pretty much solved the Corbin press this time around.

If you are good enough to beat a team by over 50 there is no way they should get the gap closed on them that quick.

Of course Whitley had nothing to do with Corbin playing bad, Right? No Whitley has improved but they cannot play the way they played at times for long, but as they get more mature they will continue to improve.

And visions of sugar plums danced in their heads.....I listened to the Whitley radio broadcast and you would have thought the Colonels won the game, that Corbin played as well as they could and that next time would be different also.

I saw Knox Central beat Bville once by 50 in the regular season and later get beat by Barbourville in the old 50th district tournament. Many call this the biggest upset of all time. It was during the Tony Patterson era at KC. Maybe Iron Mike Deaton is brewing up such an upset with his high octane Colonels. I would not sell anyone short. Heck..... Maybe Williamsburg will beat Corbin at Corbin since they beat Whitley recently.

This score doesn't really suprise me. The most that Whitley has lost by, other than South Laurel, is 17 points. Corbin can't expect to beat them by 50 ever time that they play them. Good win Hounds. Keep it up. Again, I will take a 21 point win each and every time.

I would expect that the coach that only won by 21 when they had beaten the by over 50 last time would say that. Hamblin was the difference with his three pointers to start the 4th quarter. Whitley pretty much solved the Corbin press this time around.

If you are good enough to beat a team by over 50 there is no way they should get the gap closed on them that quick.

Of course Whitley had nothing to do with Corbin playing bad, Right? No Whitley has improved but they cannot play the way they played at times for long, but as they get more mature they will continue to improve.

:sssh:

And visions of sugar plums danced in their heads.....I listened to the Whitley radio broadcast and you would have thought the Colonels won the game,

Those two are real homers but at least they were talking about the game, I turned over to the Corbin broadcast and they were talking about soccer during the game and what great athletes it takes to play soccer. I thought I was on the wrong station for a minute.

At least Whitley's guys were talking about the game and promoting their team, although a little unrealisticly. They both almost came unglued when Whitley cut the lead to 8 late in the third.

Those two are real homers but at least they were talking about the game, I turned over to the Corbin broadcast and they were talking about soccer during the game and what great athletes it takes to play soccer. I thought I was on the wrong station for a minute.

At least Whitley's guys were talking about the game and promoting their team, although a little unrealisticly. They both almost came unglued when Whitley cut the lead to 8 late in the third.

Indeed they did. Nothing like fans who think their team has arrived. I think what I am trying to say is it might be a bit premature to call the game a close one. The difference this time was the Colonels did not turn it over 44 times, thus resulting in lay-ups for Corbin and thus resulting in a margin of over 50 points, which some Whitley fans called runnig up the score....plain an simple....at least the Colonels got shots, and they made a few this game.... Now onto the other facts....Whitley would not be allowed to slap, grap and hack on every shot if they were not already down by over 20 points. Once that margin arrived the officals were thinking about getting out of there and onto other things. Secondly, the Hounds got nothing out of their 9th graders tonight. Whitley did handle the ball better and they looked to be improved. Is Corbin 50 points better than Whitley County,,,,,Nope.....are the Hounds 25 to 40 points better.........hmmmmmm...yes I think so. Of course I could be wrong.

Coach Deaton has Whitley headed in the right direction.But they won't beat Corbin this year. Glad to hear Hamlin had a nice game. His contributions are usually missed in that he is a pass first kind of guard. Crawford and Johnson look like they will give the Hounds all the scoring they need for the next couple of years. The Lebanion kid will be a horse for Whitley. Estes gets excited on the radio. He is very supportive of the Whitley kids.

Whitley handled the press much better, mainly due to Lebanion, who played very well. Corbin played well in spurts and seemed to be going through the motions at other times, something that won't get it done on most nights.

Corbin still has a lot to improve on if they want to contend for the regional title. Lebanion was able to get into the lane at will off the dribble, something that has been a weakness for Corbin all year.